International Communications Press Manager
We are looking for an International Communications Press Manager & Creative Partnerships Manager to join our London Head Office team. This role is offered on a local full time, permanent contract.
This is a unique dual role of communications and community development reporting to the Marketing Director.
The role is part of Miista’s movement into lifestyle and our commitment to representation, dialogue and equality. The role will lead and drive communications worldwide, growing our online and off-line audience, expanding our community and customer base.
Miista’s work environment is fast-paced and you will need to be a self-starter with strong initiative, ownership and accountability.
- Responsible for the development and execution of innovative, highly creative and first-class communications strategies for Miista Worldwide
- Lead all communication and community development related initiatives in the market, working in the overall strategy collaboratively with the rest of the marketing/content team and developing/ executing the strategies to amplify the impact, influence and visibility of brand initiatives and product launches.
- Engage with key stakeholders (i.e. press, key influencers, VIPs) in the market to build brand awareness and desirability, drive traffic and grow business, managing closely all press and influencers gifting budgets for the season.
- Effectively develop and manage press features and distribution of press kits for the promotion of key PR initiatives (i.e. product launches, events) in alignment with strategic objectives and KPIs.
- Plan and manage all retail marketing, trunk-show and personal shopping activities and brand events worldwide.
- Develop and expand Miista’s audience both online and offline, to drive traffic to our website, our physical stores, our wholesale partners and expand our customer base.
- To collaborate with the rest of the marketing team coming up with storytelling ideas, and be in charge of distributing the seasonal communication kit and outcomes with different audiences including fashion, consumer and business press. You will develop key relationships with fashion, lifestyle and business press for the brand.
- You will be knowledgeable in building a community for brand development and will regularly execute IRL events and activations to engage the community with the brand.
The Ideal Candidate Requirements
- You will have a minimum of 5 years plus professional experience in Communications/Marketing/PR/Sales.
- You will have a working knowledge, experience and preferably an existing network within the stylist/celebrity/influencer market.
- Passion for storytelling and branding.
- Passionated about digital technologies.
- You will have excellent knowledge of digital strategies and a digital-first approach to communications and community development.
- A highly experienced and fully rounded expert in Communications/PR/Marketing with experience working for a fashion, lifestyle or consumer-facing brand.
- Experienced in launching small to large-scale digital campaigns and media campaigns with an understanding of measuring ROI and customer insights from these campaigns.
- Passionate about driving stories across different social channels and IRL.
- Excellent knowledge of media, cultural landscape and societal dynamics, with a strong interest in the arts and creative community.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and full proficiency in English.
- Generous and passionate team leader with strong personal and organizational skills.
- Collaborative mindset / Ability to work independently and across a team.
- Results orientated / Solutions focused approach.
- An understanding of the online interactive experience.
- Ability to identify and track relevant community metrics – understanding of social media and website. traffic, and online customer engagement metrics.
- Highly organized and driven with meticulous attention to detail.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask.
- High-level proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel.
You will be reporting to the Marketing Director, and based in our East London Head Office.
As we are interviewing candidates on an ongoing basis, please send your application and CV as soon as possible.
Our Position: The Opposite Thing
Designed in London — Made in Spain — EU Sourced and Produced
Miista upends the exclusionary practices of the fashion industry to show how we’re actually living now. Over the last ten years, we are proud to have built a brand that through craft, our community, the risks we’ve taken and a sometimes
bizarre willingness to laugh at ourselves, has made an elegant commitment to the alternative. A dedication to the opposite thing.
What does that mean? That we’re happy to sacrifice profit and to subvert problematic fashion trends for women to create a product that has personality in addition to aesthetic value. A product that knows women don’t really shop using the search words ‘pretty’ now. If we were your friend, Miista would be the odd one at school who grew up and got an attitude and a sense of confidence. You know when it’s a Miista.