Global Storyteller (Copy)
We are a modern brand that believes in building connections. We explore the world to craft distinctive experiences through our products and believe in connection – to ourselves, to others and to our world. Making the everyday life better. We are curious and enthusiastic and want to learn from the world. In making connections, we create the kind of complete beauty that is not only about what we look like but how we grow in body, spirit, mind and life. We stand for Exploration for Growth.
We live by four key values – Adventure (be curious and daring), Passion (be energetic and driven), Connection (be empathetic and engaging), and Authenticity (be real and raw). These will be your lodestones, and if these values do not set your blood racing and scream out who you are this is not the job for you.
We have an incredible story to tell, but our success depends entirely on how we tell it in pictures, words, and connections. We are looking for a strategically minded, social media savvy creative writer who can help us tell our stories in a compelling, engaging way – someone who is passionate about telling stories in a variety of formats from written, to audio to video. As Global Storyteller you would push your craft in a variety of ways. You will be responsible for developing the wider brand storytelling strategy to build brand equity – starting with developing and embedding our brand tone of voice. You will need to be an excellent hands-on all-round creative copy writer who can think strategically, write creative concepts, develop original stories and be able to apply their big ideas across all of our channels and consumer touch points maintaining a unified voice across all eg. social stories, campaigns, product naming, product descriptions, website copy, press releases, video, CRM etc. A good understanding of beauty copywriting regulations and SEO practises to optimize articles and increase visibility is also essential.
The C& E creative storytelling team is lean and resourceful, so we are looking for a multitalented team player who can turn their hand to any challenge that comes our way. You’ll be a keen team player as part of a small team of multi disciplined creatives who come up with creative innovative ideas and original approaches to tell the story of our brand and our amazing products. ¬As a brand advocate your core aim is to bring to life our brand mission and values across all copy produced, ensuring and maintaining consistency as well as adhering to our brand guidelines.
You’ll partner with the rest of the creatives to do everything from brainstorming, uncovering insights and telling inspiring social stories, to creating storytelling strategies, new products, explorations experiences and tales from the trail. You will be a self starter and able to manage your own day to day deadlines. You must be super organised, revel in the art of the details, with a desire to shape the bigger picture. You will persuade tough crowds, fluidly crafting different tones to meet your audience. You will be nimble, and easily able to shift from punchy headlines, to long-form stories.
• Take ownership of copy briefs and answer them to a very high standard
• Demonstrate a clear understanding of campaign objectives and strategies
• Create and embed brand tone of voice consistently across all channels in short and long copy style as and when needed
• Shape language and tone used across all channels, emails, banners etc
• Check all copy generated by team members and offer feedback when necessary
• Manage multiple projects, with the ability to switch from one to the other seamlessly
• Meet multiple deadlines
• Persuade clients and teams towards fresh, exciting ideas
• Build great cross functional relationships – across the business including NPD and regs teams
• Experience of partnering with creatives is essential
• Research industry-related topics and identify gaps in our content
• Write original copy for campaigns, ads and social networks etc
• Prepare and publish articles that describe our company and products
• Edit and fact-check pieces of content generated by colleagues (e.g. Junior Copywriters)
• Use SEO practices to optimize articles and increase visibility
• Interview clients, industry experts and internal teams
• Monitor metrics related to our content, like web traffic and conversion rates
• Ensure all content is up-to-date
• Ability to manage freelance copywriters as and when needed.
EXPERIENCE & COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
• Exceptional written English skills are a must, with a talent for storytelling
• Confident ability to create and embed tone of voice
• 5+ years copywriting experience
• A love of storytelling and all things creative and innovative
• Entrepreneurial, resilient and flexible approach working with rapidly changing priorities and short deadlines
• Demonstrable affinity with the Crabtree & Evelyn brand and luxury beauty & wellness industry; experience within a consumer or retail organisation is beneficial, within the personal care industry desirable
• A strong record in creating immaculate copy that stands out from the crowd
• Must be skilled in writing both short and long copy for digital assets
• The ability to plan and strategise high-profile projects
• A persuasive and confident approach to creativity
• Excellent communication skills
• A keen attention to detail and timescales
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
• University degree and/or Design related qualification.
• Significant experience in professional, commercial writing
• Experience working as part of an editorial, retail or commercial copy team
• Educated to degree level, ideally in a related subject (e.g. English/Journalism/Media/Literature)