The DTC Planning Manager will partner with the Senior Director, Global Buying & Planning in developing the financial and strategic vision for Alexander Wang global retail stores, ecommerce and online marketplace businesses through sales budgeting, inventory management and allocation and financial reporting.
- Collaborate closely with the Senior Director, Global Buying & Planning to ensure that financial plans align with buying strategies.
- Create OTB tool, at SKU level, to manage monthly sales and receipts and review with DTC team on a monthly basis.
- Partner with Senior Director, Global Buying & Planning to ensure Seasonal OTBs and Purchasing Plans are aligned in advance of 4 markets a year.
- Responsible for global allocations, including the enhancement or creation of tools and processes necessary to ensure appropriate stock to sales levels in all DTC warehouses and points of sales.
- Manage monthly sales and KPI forecasts by channel and location.
- Monitor and share sales trends and opportunities daily and weekly with DTC team.
- Meet regularly with DTC team to advise on reorder and stock balancing opportunities.
- Partner with global operations and logistics on supply chain and inventory management, specifically warehouse to warehouse inventory movement
- Business lead for BI tool and allocation tool projects with IT/Tech and Finance.
- Is the DTC business lead for global pricing and financial sales budgets.
- Execute end-of-season markdown preparations, including inventory movement and pricing for all DTC channels (retail, ecommerce and off-price)
Provides strategic analyses not limited to:
- Strategic presentations for senior management, including OTB, Budget and Reforecast presentations, in partnership with DTC team.
- Global Pricing analysis.
- Monthly Target Planning meetings/Budget revisions.
- Omni-channel sales forecasts, including digital marketplaces (Farfetch, Tmall, JD)
Leads financial reporting and planning:
- Weekly Sales and Inventory reports and forecasts (KPI report, Attribute report and STD Sell-thru report, etc.)
- Monthly OTB reports
- Seasonal market-prep and buy recaps
- In-season reorder opportunities
- EOS inventory analysis
- Minimum Education: 4 Year degree in Business, Finance or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum Years of Experience: 5-7 years of experience in finance and/or planning and allocation (vertical fashion brand experience preferred).
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Financial mindset.
- Analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Planning and allocation experience, preferably at a vertical brand.
- Excellent leadership and influencing skills.
- Strong organizational and follow through skills.
- Developed presentation, public speaking and communication skills.
- Ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Capable of challenging the status quo.