This position in an integral member of the design team with the primary focus of working directly with the creative director on developing prints for fabrics as well as other graphics. The majority of your time time will be spent on photoshop and/or illustrator helping execute the creative director's vision. As this designer is part of a small collaborative team, having the abilities to communicate well, track and prioritize many competing tasks and maintain organizational systems are imperative to the position.
Work includes, but is not limited to:
- Graphic Design:
- Designing large scale fabric prints, collaging images and creating repeats.
- Developing silk screens and other graphics
- Creating ideas for patches and other embellishments
- Develop jacquard sweater designs (only necessary to create flats of design, knitting knowledge not required)
- Create graphics such as banners for website
- Help edit and format photos for website.
- Design & Research:
- Source vintage / antique images and presenting ideas to the creative director both from your own inspiration as well as based on specific themes.
- Take these ideas and creatively integrating different concepts and themes of the collection in unique ways.
- Adobe Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Acrobat-MUST HAVE EXTREMELY STRONG PHOTOSHOP AND ILLUSTRATOR SKILLS
- Shopify (basic coding knowledge a plus)
- Word, Excel
Basic garment construction, fabric and sweater knowledge a plus but not required.