We're looking for a Senior Lead or Director Level Marketing Leader
to help us build and scale our app ecosystem, developer brand, content, and community at a world class level. We're constantly launching new developer products, docs, tutorials, resources, and initiatives to help developers keep up with our new APIs, API changes, code libraries, and other platform capabilities. We're attracting developers from all over the world to build on Shopify's platform, and they are building wildly successful businesses by creating value for merchants. We want to 10X this and build the strongest developer community in the world with a trusted leader at the helm. We need a person in this role to help us build and scale a trusted platform, a strong strategic thinker who is able to harness the power of the developer community so they are focused on building high quality solutions to diverse merchant problems . We also need a strong people leader, who can build a focused team around them.
Here's the detail for what we want this role to do:
- Create and build a "developer-first" brand and narrative for products by understanding ecosystem needs and messaging, product roadmap, market trends, and competitive forces vying for their time
- Lead developer product marketing and developer community teams and leveling up their craft.
- Help define a global strategy for driving platform-wide growth.
- Develop product and program positioning and aggregating product launches to form larger developer narratives
- Lead and execute new developer content and campaigns across all channels
- Provide marketing leadership across teams, including product, eng, support and sales
- Own reporting and analysis of product marketing metrics
Here's what you'll need to have:
- Experience marketing to a highly technical audience, and by extension, deep empathy for developers who are trying to grow their own businesses. Ideally you have a technical background.
- You are deeply embedded in existing developer communities
- The technical depth and understanding to work directly with product, engineering and UX teams building developer products to give frontline feedback that makes Shopify's developer tools and products better
- Experience in developer brand and partner success marketing for technology partners
- A strong understanding of marketing B2B and B2B2C SaaS products
- Extensive experience in a marketing, product marketing, or product management role
- Experience building, growing, and leading a team as a lead of leaders
- The ability to quickly synthesize developer needs and product capabilities into easy-to-understand messages and value propositions for Go to Market strategies
- Experience using data/analytics to measure the impact of your work in the context of the total business strategy
- The ability to thrive in chaos and think quickly on your feet
!! DON'T STOP READING!! IMPORTANT INFORMATION BELOW!!
We're really looking for people who have prior experience in developer marketing and working with developer communities.
If you do have that experience, please help us understand itbetter by telling us about it either in a separate cover letter or in the 'Message to the Hiring Manager' space that you'll see on this application.
Please address any cover letters to Paul.
Finally, at Shopify, we are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. Our belief is that a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion enables us to truly make commerce better for everyone. We strongly encourage applications from racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities.