Head of Development & Production
Stine Goya is currently recruiting an experienced and enthusiastic Head of Development & Production to lead, inspire and manage the company's development, production and pattern making team – reporting to the CEO. Spearheading the department with a keen passion for sustainability and product – with exceptional organizational skills, in-depth knowledge and an established supplier network – this is an incredibly exciting role with significant room for innovation and personal growth.
Sustainability, Merchandising & Planning
- Collaborate with the Creative Director and Head of Design to achieve optimum product management, line planning, new product initiations and development across the line.
- Submit seasonal data and reports while contributing to the range build/merchandising.
- Responsible for respecting the range plan, collection balance and target margins of all categories and collections.
- Manage the company’s yearly development calendar, following all key plans and activations closely.
- Develop and monitor the company’s sustainable policy, Responsible for the company’s fibre matrix system and acting as the responsible party for all targets.
- Consistently working with a sustainability-first mindset, sourcing and developing new fabrics and trims.
- Working with suppliers and partners on social initiatives and working conditions.
Sourcing & Development Responsibilities
- Drive sourcing activities and ensure we always remain up to date on new technologies and trends, treatments etc. together with the team
- Manage Stine Goya’s product integrity and order specification compliance (including fitting, washing, treatments and general workmanship).
- Ongoing assessments of existing suppliers base and sourcing of new suppliers and close contact with fabric and yarn mills, and trim suppliers
- Pre-book sampling fabrics and materials and order placement for sampling and coordinating deliveries.
- Creating collections in the company’s ERP system (SPY) with all needed, correct and aligned information and data
- Monitor on-time delivery of proto and sales samples to Stine Goya standards.
Production, Quality & Operational Responsibilities
- Manage order planning, including capacity booking and being able to monitor product setups and orders in our ERP system.
- Strategic buying, pre-bookings and stock together with Head of Sales.
- Manage the costing process and analysis of margins per product category and decide on negotiation strategies going to suppliers
- Negotiate prices with manufacturers in relation to expected volumes
- Quality control at suppliers and company’s warehouses making sure products are adhering to Stine Goya standards.
- Responsible for suppliers and partners meet the company’s Code of Conduct, Supplier Manual, chemical requirements and ensuring the audit of all factories on a yearly basis
- Management experience and comfortable leading a team within sourcing, pattern making and production
- Budgeting and strategic management and experience working with sustainable strategies and implementation
- Analytical mindset and confident in merchandising
- Established supplier network across all tiers and product categories, within both Europe and Asia
- Acute technical knowledge of fabrics, yarns and trims and a strong understanding of garment construction
- High sense of quality, workmanship and attention to detail
- Strong negotiator
- Keen problem solver with a proactive attitude
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment