The Global Merchandiser is an essential team member to the success of our brand.
The main focus of this job is to be able to work on both sides, with Designers and Business Units and deliver a Merchandising Strategy on his category. This role is highly collaborative due to the collection extension and coordination with other departments such as Charles & Keith International(CKI), Marketing, Visual Merchandising(VM), Inventory, Order Management (OM), Information Technology(IT).
The Product and Fashion sense is prominent as there is an intense interaction with Designers. Global performance of the Collection, Style/function performance, SKU life cycle (Repeat, Markdown, Core) Design Matrix and market specific demand, Masterfile optimization, Seasonal Buying launch are part of the key missions of this position.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
1.Seasonal Design Matrix and Feedback on Market-specific Demand
- Seasonal Matrix submission to Design team and Product Strategy brief
- Design Count by key function and style distribution by Theme/Wall/Month
- Design Brief with product research illustrating (market-specific) product requirements.
- Season’s key capsule requirement (Commercial, Festive, Campaign, Collaboration, Sustainable)
- Key product/ function to be develop.
- Life cycle product strategy with Core/ DNA and seasonal
- Refinement/adjustment to matrix at designing phases to assess from initial drawings to the final sample on needs or lack/gaps in the collection development. Match drawings to matrix to ensure matrix requirement is exercised by Design for the season.
2.Product / Product Line Global Performance Reporting and Analysis
- Sales performance tracking by function to identify changes in market needs (also translated into design matrix)
- Ad-hoc reporting/analysis for Design team insights
- Developing a new Product dashboard in BI for the product performance by market, launch, repeat, order, color, construction.
3.Product Attribute Master Maintenance and Optimization:
- Maintenance, innovation and accuracy of Product Masterfile categorization
- Implementation of common “product language”, communicate and suggest cross-categorization of products for VM, Marketing and Buying strategies
- Create and automate “Attribute/Function” performance dashboards for analysis and global insights on ad hoc product category/function performance across the season
4.Seasonal Buying Launch Preparation and Internal Sell-In
- Seasonal Online Buying Portal and Buying Conference/Product Catalogue
- Coordination, deliverables, and timeline with respective departments (Design, IT, Photo, Marketing, Trend…)
- Product Strategy Brief for all region/market buyers. (Re-engineered bestsellers in the collection, Must-have trend elements to invest, Marketing Key Selection, New Construction, Strategic Launch timings..)
- Review buying strategies by market (OTB, assortment, investment by function) and overall selection/grading/colors and MOQ
- Global Sell-In report and key actions (if any) to improve buying for the season.
5.Marketing Communication brief, VM and Fashion Academy (Training)
- Product selection to ensure communication is aligned with styles ordered/ pushed
- Coordinate and communicate each season’s key product information including:
- Highly-invested styles of the season
- Key-trend styles or campaign capsules heavily focused by Global Marketing
- Global delivery or launch sequence by product and theme (by month and week)
- Core Collection, Limited Edition products, Country Exclusives, Online Exclusives etc.
- Bachelor’s degree related to Merchandising, Fashion.
- At least 5 years’ experience in Retail Buying or relevant experience
- General knowledge of Merchandising, Buying process and strong Product knowledge
- Proven ability to multitask in fast-paced environment, manages competing priorities and meets deadlines
- Good analytical skills, able to manage competing priorities
- Able to travel internationally
- Strong PC, software and system skills, with a strong working knowledge of MS Excel
- Team player mentality and able to juggle with Creative people and analytics too
- Effective at building cross functional relationships
- Brand sensibility
- Experience developing merchandise assortments
- Strong product trend application
- Product point of view and conviction, open minded to feedback and alternative viewpoints
- Excellent organizational and time management skills