Senior Product Developer (12 Months Maternity Cover)
Department: Product Development
Reports to: Head of Product
- Every day the energy, creativity and passion of Manolo permeates through our business.
- We believe in the artist and the artisan; we are innovative while still protecting our heritage.
- We strive for timeless beauty and quality craftmanship.
- We celebrate curiosity and believe in working proactively and being solution focused.
- We believe in upholding family values; we treat everyone with honesty, respect and kindness while nurturing our teams to deliver excellence.
- We believe in making people smile.
To manage the product lifecycle from prototypes through to salesman samples; transforming shoes from an initial concept to a commercially successful product. Working closely with the Chairman and Product Development team.
- Visit relevant material fairs to understand seasonal trends, research new potential suppliers, maintain existing contacts and manage the company’s relationships with existing suppliers.
- Source new materials following the Designer’s guidelines and submit them for his/her approval.
- Develop seasonal fabrics and exclusives with mills, accessories and embroidery suppliers.
- Develop metal trimmings with relevant suppliers.
- Responsible for requesting material testings.
- Help coordinate seasonal structures development as per guidelines.
- Creation of specs for the first prototype and sample.
- Sign off prototypes and order final samples.
- Daily liaison with the factories to follow up on the development of the collection and to ensure all fabrics/materials/hardware/accessories selected are purchased.
- Find suitable substitutions or help with any modifications of the components.
- Liaise between the raw material supplier and the factory to ensure that prototypes and samples are delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure all deadlines for prototypes and final samples are met.
- Verify that all samples meet the quality standards and Designer’s expectations.
- Handover to production ensuring all information is provided and correct.
- Data input in PLM based system.
- Pre order materials for sampling and forward leftover to production.
- Request materials tech specs.
- Day to day admin and organisational duties.
Any other tasks as requested.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Experience in similar role, within luxury footwear.
- Highly proficient in MS Office, PLM.
- Fluency in Italian.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to prioritise tasks, and ensure delivery of results within tight deadlines.
- Excellent accuracy and attention to detail, with an appreciation of colour and imagery, and the ability to lead innovation.
- Ability to review samples to ensure product meets BOM and visual expectations.
- Positive; work well within a team.
- Excellence: High level of finesse and excellence required in delivery of all tasks.
Contract Length: 12 Months Maternity Cover