About Christopher Kane
Christopher Kane is the London label challenging fashion ideologies and notions of beauty since 2006. The ordinary is transformed into the extraordinary when collections that start with autobiographical inspirations are realised using innovative techniques.
Founded by brother and sister Christopher and Tammy Kane, the label launched following Christopher's award-winning Central Saint Martin's MA show. Over a decade on, London Fashion Week shows such as Liquid Ladies, Sex in Nature and More Joy are unpredictable and provocative. Each season is diverse yet distinctly Christopher Kane with sensuality, creativity and wit ever present.
Winner of the Vogue Fashion Fund and 5 British Fashion Awards, including New Designer of the Year, British Fashion Designer of the Year and the 2020 Designer’s Designer Award.
Upending expectations of luxury with playful irreverence, the label is the benchmark for those who dress to please themselves.
The PR Assistant will report into the PR Manager.
PRINCIPLE RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Provide support to PR team in the daily management of the press office
- Upload collections onto Fashion GPS at the start of every season: photographing, uploading and stickering all items with their own unique barcode
- Respond promptly to media inquiries and sample requests on behalf of Christopher Kane and coordinating all samples (confirming, packing up and sending out)
- Distribute press releases and other relevant PR materials
- Manage Press interns and their daily duties/responsibilities
- Organise couriers: booking bikes and vans, as well as any International shipments with all paperwork required
- Ensure the collections are in good care at all times
- Keep a tidy showroom space (boxes, packing materials, rails and garments)
- Management of current collections, overseeing the on-going review of previous collections through the archive system
- Manage press extracts ensuring all credits are filed correctly and organized efficiently
EXPERIENCE & SKILLS
- Graduate (or equivalent) with PR experience in a fashion environment
- Experience using Fashion GPS sample tracking system is preferred
- Demonstrate solid understanding of the fashion industry
- Experience working in a fast paced environment
- Good judgement and decision making skills
- Discreet, professional and well spoken, with excellent communication skills
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative
- Pro-active and able to show initiative