The Business of Fashion is seeking an enthusiastic and versatile Junior Creative to be an integral part of our growing Studio team. Primarily focused on graphic design, you will have creative flair, fluency in Adobe Suite, a strong appreciation of typography, composition and layout, with a fine eye for detail and will be able to interpret and deliver briefs to a high standard. You will also have the versatility to get involved in creative multimedia projects, so some knowledge of editing and designing for moving image would be advantageous. You will have the ability to work in a fast-paced environment on multiple tasks at once and be confident delivering your work and discussing your ideas.
Who Are We?
The Business of Fashion (BoF) is a next generation fashion media company conceived for today's global and hyper-connected world. Founded in 2007 by Imran Amed, BoF is known for its authoritative, agenda-setting point of view on the global fashion industry, described as “The Economist of Fashion,” “A Daily Destination for Fashion’s Power Players” and “The Industry Bible.”
Providing tools and services to support the journey through the fashion and beauty industries, including News & Analysis, Careers, and Education, BoF has grown to be an indispensable resource for fashion executives, creatives, students and entrepreneurs in over 200 countries.
Commitment to Diversity
BoF is committed to building a diverse workforce and we are proud to be an Equal Opportunities employer. All applicants and employees receive equal treatment regardless of race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, gender, age, disability, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity.
Commitment to Inclusivity
BoF is committed to building an inclusive environment where everyone can bring their authentic selves to work and reach their full potential within their roles using a growth mindset. We are committed to creating an inclusive culture for our employees globally.
What we need you to do:
You’ll work closely with the Senior Designer, the wider Studio team and many other teams in the business to help deliver a wide variety of BoF creative projects, across our Editorial, Social, Marketing, Events and Product teams.
To be successful in this role, you will have the ability to;
- Work simultaneously on multiple design projects of varying complexity
- Meet deadlines and work well under pressure
- Interpret briefs accurately and work efficiently to deadlines
- Consistently deliver high-quality work from visual concepts and beyond
- Maintain a strong brand through everything you deliver
- Present your work clearly and respond to feedback in a positive and constructive way
Who you are
You are a passionate and driven designer, eager for a role that will expose you to a wide variety of projects in a fast-paced Studio environment. You will be up to date with the latest thinking in graphic and digital design and have an eye for art direction, style, fashion and popular culture. You will enjoy a variety of design disciplines from digital to print and editorial to social, and you may already have some experience within fashion, luxury or media.
Outside of that, you will have the following skills to set you up for success:
- A strong portfolio, showcasing your ability to design for both print and digital environments
- A solid appreciation of design principles and a keen eye for typography and layout
- Proficiency in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Keynote. Experience with Adobe After-Effects, Premiere Pro and Sketch is an advantage.
- Ability to conceive forward-thinking creative ideas and communicate them effectively
- Organisational skills and a self-starting approach to your workload
- Proactive problem-solving abilities
- Awareness of wider trends and shifts within the marketing and design industry.
You’ll know you’re successful when
You have successfully contributed to the BoF brand identity and achieved consistency across key touchpoints.
Creative projects are delivered seamlessly, and feedback from other teams in the business is outstanding
Hiccups are practically non-existent owing to your high attention to detail, but if they do occur, your proactive problem solving skills and ability to perform well under pressure negate issues.