Social Media Manager
The Social Media Manager at Dr. Barbara Sturm is responsible for growing and running the digital and social platforms of a global brand to support business growth and sales, ongoing brand positioning and reputation management.
This role will support, manage and deliver:
- Global social media strategy for the brand, the individual and retail partners
- Tightly managed social publishing schedule
- Drive digital relationships with brand’s retail partners
- Identify and unlock innovative and strategic social and digital partnerships (platforms, digital companies) and wider digital marketing opportunities
The candidate must be self-motivated and experienced in being able to create and drive strategic thinking, whilst simultaneously managing social platforms and real time decision making/execution.
It is important that the candidate deeply understands the global digital landscape and is abreast of changing trends, technologies and platform developments.
In addition, the candidate will have good working relationships and connectivity with all key social media platforms including Instagram, Facebook, Tik Tok, Pinterest, Twitter and YouTube. Experience of the key Chinese / Asian social media channels and cultural knowledge a benefit.
The candidate will have proven experience of working in a fast-paced environment and may have had a combination of both agency and in-house positions. The candidate must be able to rapidly identify and action any issues or reputational risks and able to prioritise and manage workload in a timely manner.
Reporting to: Brand Director - Candidate will be part of the Dr. Barbara Sturm Marketing and Communications team
Role Type Permanent
Location: Based in London, may involve travel at key points throughout the year
- Plan, maintain and update the social media content calendar on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Constant use of data and insight is crucial to drive innovative but solid strategic thinking. Flexibility to adapt the strategy in real time
- Strategic focuses of reaching new audiences, engagement and commercial success underpin thinking
- US, UK and Germany play a major role in our 2021 and beyond strategy, experience and understanding of the Chinese and Asian markets is a benefit.
- Content creation, influencer strategy and social storytelling tailored to each platform and reaching target audiences in a creative, relevant way.
- Working in tandem with brand retail partners in innovative ways to grow business is a key measure of success
- Close partnership with Communications team to deliver uniform messaging/issues management
Day to day Responsibilities
- Management and publishing of high-profile social media accounts and communities, social ad campaigns, cross brand partner promotion, and online communication strategy
- Support the team to create and plan innovative digital marketing campaigns including premium video, photo content, mobile specific content, email/newsletters, new partnerships, mobile and social apps
- Work closely with in house Digital, Commercial, PR and creative teams based in London, Germany, Los Angeles and New York to engage with consumers, enhancing brand loyalty to drive both engagement and revenue
- Key Liaison between all departments for digital activity including Brand Director, CMO, Head of Ecommerce & Digital, PR, etc
- Planning and buying of SEM/social/mobile advertising with ROI
Online Reputation management – identify threats and opportunities
- Monitor user generated content and trends in social media tools and applications
- Weekly reporting and statistics of social accounts, including social analytics overview and recommendations
- Keep up to date with growing trends and opportunities in the tech sector
- Digital, social media and online communications experience working in-house and agency side in the beauty and skincare brand industries
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Familiarity with platforms for scheduling, reporting, publishing and analysing social media
- Excellent project management and organizational skills
- Experienced in managing digital agencies including social, production, creative, content, marketing, PR
- Copy writing, insights, content ideation, global digital strategy
- Used to working with both global central teams and local markets
- Content and rights clearance experience
- Entrepreneurial approach and creative thinker
- Used to working in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
- Discreet, diplomatic and ability to liaise at all levels.