Inspired by the ancient, artisanal Maya culture, CARAVANA creates handmade ready-to-wear, accessories, and a range of lifestyle pieces. CARAVANA honours the traditions of trade, craft, and connection to the planet and its people. We are a tribe of dreamers, creatives, and nomads who envision a world that celebrates ancestral cultures and traditions of sustainable artisanship. By anchoring our work to this philosophy we not only preserve indigenous talents, but empower the community around them. At the same time we continue to unearth the beauty, richness and wisdom embedded in the artisanal skill of the Maya culture.
We are looking for a Store Manager to work in our Turkish store in the Edition Hotel in Bodrum this summer season. To be the welcoming face and ambassador of CARAVANA in Bodrum. The ideal candidate will embody our philosophy and create the best retail and storytelling experience for our clients. You will inspire and motivate both your team and your customers, uphold our brand values and create a welcoming and immersive atmosphere in our beautiful boutique-tent, anchored by personal and attentive customer service. As store manager, you will be responsible for maximizing the selling opportunities and the profitability of the store and its results, merchandising product, monitoring inventory, keeping the store visually interesting and bringing the most talented people in to support you. If you are driven, self-motivated and have a desire to inspire, plus have store management experience, please apply to join the CARAVANA team.
Bodrum, Edition Hotel
1st May 2021
31st October 2021
6 days per week
7 Day Rota with RDO
% Commission on Sales
Accommodation provided for the season
To oversee the successful management of the Bodrum CARAVANA Store
SKILLS / EXPERTISE
Retail experience necessary
Experience working with fashion and accessories
Excellent organization and people management skills
Fluent English Language (additional languages desirable but not necessary)
- Oversee day-to-day operations of the CARAVANA Store at The Edition Hotel, Bodrum
- Responsible for delivering the sales targets plan
- Management of in-store team, hiring and training of staff: ensuring that the team has everything needed to do their jobs
- Working closely with merchandise team to optimise the seasonal product range, re-orders and stock replenishment to Bodrum
- Working closely with the team in Mexico and the operational team to track the deliveries of goods from Mexico to Bodrum and receipt into the store
- Oversee orders of product from third party brand suppliers, delivery into store, merchandising, display and all necessary training to achieve sales
- Manage the relationship with hotel stakeholders and partners
- Ensure the Bodrum store has all the equipment required and correct systems are set-up for trading
- Record any promotions or sales discounts, including any by CARAVANA team or partners
- Overseeing any price adjustments, mark-downs, and promotions to increase sales
- Manage team weekly rota and time-sheets, any sales commission, providing details for payroll, recording any sick or absence notes and ensuring the store is properly staffed during all opening hours
- Scouting for new locations in Bodrum as required
- Full responsibility for security, both internal and external, making sure all appropriate security measures are adhered to
- Preparation of daily, weekly and monthly reports to management and stakeholders.
SALES & CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
- CARAVANA is a unique, story-led brand, so we are looking for a positive and self-motivated management professional to show initiative and act as an ambassador for the brand, also providing an innovative approach to sales and customer service.
- Demonstrating comprehensive knowledge of CARAVANA products.
- Performing a positive and active role on the selling floor.
- Providing excellent customer experience at all times to meet and exceed sales targets.
- Maintaining the store’s premium and organized appearance and experience.
- Record personal client information.
- Thrives as part of (and leading) a team.
- Responsible for stock replenishment.
- Restocking items from offsite storage facility to store stock room.
- Replenishing the selling floor throughout each day.
- Maintaining stock room standards ensuring a clean and organized environment at all times.
- Identify opportunities and implement change in operational best practice towards stock management throughout the season
- Responsible for the daily cash-up of sales and providing all accounts data to accountant
- Processing transactions using POS system.
- Excellent product knowledge, including names and prices.
- Assisting with returns and exchanges.
- Ensuring accurate management of stock control, reporting and replenishment
- Operating the Retail systems: stock transfers, deliveries, payments, client data base management.
- Ensuring Visual Merchandising and Product Presentation is correctly managed.
- Regularly check all displays / mannequins are looking attractive and commercial
- Best sellers to be highlighted in strategic ways in the store and in specific parts of the store.
- Updating and dressing the mannequins for the peak selling times.
- Ensuring impeccable team presentation, both in uniform and grooming standards.
- Upholding all other CARAVANA standards.