Senior Social Media Manager
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York and Australia. We have more than 25 million registered users in 180+ countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Depop exists to build the world's most diverse progressive home of fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
The Depop social media team is truly cross-functional and crucial to all brand marketing activations, from global cultural moments and hero campaigns to local tactics and conversion drivers. Reporting to the Head of Brand, the Senior Social Media Manager is responsible for the day to day planning and management of our social content across social BAU, campaigns and content programmes.
- Own planning for all content publishing - working in close partnership with Editorial Creative Lead and other senior members of the Global Brand & Marketing team
- Own publishing across platforms by campaign, market or BAU content franchise - planning, drafting, scheduling, publishing, monitoring and reporting
- Leads on optimisation of BAU content in line with results
- Manage a small team of Social Media Executives: guiding them and also empowering them to be autonomous operators across Depop’s social presence
- Collaborate closely with local Heads of Marketing, Growth Marketing team and other internal stakeholders - providing consultancy for content publishing across platforms and partnering on strategy
- Collaborate closely with our CX team to ensure our CX approach answers our audience needs through social channels
- Find and commission relevant talent for social content, manage relationships and facilitate legal obligations
- Monitor in-app (Looker) as well as cultural/pop trends (social listening, platform monitoring) daily and generate new content ideas alongside the Editorial Creative Lead
- Lead on social listening inputs to our audience understanding
- Work with Brand team researchers, insights team, curation and marketing teams to deliver primary and secondary research into the social behaviours of our audience - within the Depop ecosystem and off platform
- Own results reporting for social - from project results to wider business effectiveness and sentiment.
- Drive innovation opportunities through Social: new features and uses of existing platforms and expansion to new platforms
- 8+ years of experience in a social leadership role across consumer social media platforms
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, managing calendars and campaign documents
- Keen interest in emerging platforms and technologies
- Strong knowledge of social media metrics and content performance
- Strong copywriting skills, and an ability to adapt brand tone of voice to reflect community expectations
- Strong knowledge of paid media and biddable optimisation
- Experience working with youth audiences and/or at a culture brand
- Attention to detail both creatively and numerically
- Collaborative and patient, particularly with colleagues who require social insights
- Creative flair and passion for personal style and self-expression
- Keen to learn, acquire new skills and progress within Depop
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counselling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.