Assistant Designer - Handbags
Marc Jacobs International, powered by the creative genius of Marc Jacobs, seeks an Assistant Designer - Handbags to join the Accessories Design team based in its New York City (SoHo) headquarters. Marc Jacobs International is part of the Louis Vuitton Moet Hennessy (LVMH) fashion division and operates in the wholesale and direct to consumer retail markets.
- Communicates via email with internal contacts & external vendors.
- Assists design team with trend & material research for new ideas (various libraries, stores, vendors)
- Meets with international/domestic suppliers for ideas and concepts (tanneries and trims)
- Initialize main concepts and ideas of collection
- Help create and maintain concept board each season
- Sketch designs for outlet handbags and SLG’s
- Prepare spec packages and hand off to PD
- Create and update color cards per season
- Prepare adequate design cards with detailed information of raw materials for all necessary factories/ vendors
- Corrections at all proto stages
- Responsible for organizing/maintaining and archive samples
- Communicate design details to factories when necessary
- Maintains material records.
- Works with design team on presentation boards.
- Help create color-ups for interdepartmental meetings.
- Help with researching and creating repeat prints/graphics
- Bachelor’s degree in Art or Fashion
- 0 – 2 years design experience.
- Must be organized
- Sketch ability preferred
- Strong written & verbal communication skills.