Marketing Coordinator - Culture & Commerce
Jing Culture & Commerce is looking for a creative, culturally-engaged, and media-savvy Marketing Coordinator to assist in various branding and marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate is a skilled originator with a track record of unlocking marketing and content opportunities for media and digital publishing sites. You are extremely detail-oriented and able to see projects through from inception to completion. This position is ideal for a recent graduate with a passion for the arts, culture, and creative technologies, and an understanding of the digital publishing landscape. The successful candidate will work closely with the Jing Culture & Commerce team in our editorial and marketing efforts.
What you’ll do
- Research, collect and report on current industry trends and happenings
- Brainstorm and execute editorial and marketing initiatives to further expand our audience base
- Explore additional business and editorial opportunities with new partners such as co-
- publishing whitepapers and reports, content partnerships, webinars and more.
- Develop a robust pipeline and database of qualified prospects from the global cultural community (digital agencies, creative agencies, media companies, museums, cultural institutions)
- Oversee our weekly newsletter campaigns as well as performance reporting
- Assist in the creation of banners, infographics, illustrations for marketing needs
- Manage Jing Culture & Commerce Events Calendar and develop a calendar of events for the 2021 year
- Work with the team to develop goals and track internal KPIs for benchmarking and optimization, including for internal reporting and optimizing future campaigns.
- Develop tests of messaging, subject lines, and calls to action to review for effectiveness.
- Manage email lists in alignment with best practices in data management and develop strategies for list growth, including approaches for data capture, both high- and low-tech.
- 2-3 years of digital marketing experience at a museum, media, or agency environment.
- Experience planning and running email campaigns on MailChimp; template customization in HTML, CSS
- Experience with WordPress or the equivalent
- Analytical skills with ability to generate metrics reports using Google Analytics.
- Knowledge of search engine page rankings; experience using tools such as Google Search Console, Yoast SEO
- Graphic design experience is a plus
- Social media experience is a plus
- Passion for art, and transforming the art industry through innovation