Orseund Iris, a non-seasonal fashion and lifestyle label based in New York, is looking for a seriously witty and insanely creative copywriter to join our team as a freelancer to help evolve our brand voice across all channels.
As our Copywriter, you'll be responsible for shaping, evolving, and sharpening our personality in a way that aligns with our brand purpose, while further developing our tone of voice.
You will be. .
- Writing copy for all customer facing communications.
- Meeting with the designer/creative director to understand how Orseund Iris messages should be conveyed, along with the inspiration behind each drop.
- Partnering with the production, marketing, and creative teams to iterate, review, and edit copy that meets ongoing deadlines.
- Integrating our story and our core brand DNA into all writing assignments.
- Collaborating in the naming process for all categories including product names and colors/patterns to meet seasonal production deadlines.
This includes . . .
- Writing our copy for our website, product pages, social media posts, newsletters and customer service emails in a friendly, playful, casual and relaxed manner.
- The fact that you are a global citizen and you are sensitive and aware of all social and political matters that our fans and followers care about.
- You are really good at facing difficult challenges and know how to respond to anyone in a way that will make them feel heard.
While we have very specific projects for you to begin with, we may also call upon you on a moment’s notice should we meet the day with challenges concerning the ever complicated world of social media conversation management.
Writing also includes proofreading and self-edits to deliver work that is accurate and achieves standards of creative excellence and technical quality.
- BS/BA degree or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job. An English, Journalism, Communications, or Advertising degree preferred.
- 5+ years of editorial/copywriting experience (fashion preferred).
- Strong conceptual skills with knowledge of how copy relates to art, design, graphics psychology, and typography.
- Flexibility & Time Management: ability to multitask, prioritize workload and take responsibilities for deadlines.
- Attention to detail and organization.
- Ability to write in our brand voice.
- Experience with digital storytelling.
Compensation negotiable and based on experience
Freelance/Subcontracted in NY. Work remotely with meetings at our studio in Brooklyn.