PR Executive (9 Month FTC)
Disruptive, unexpected and revolutionary in our own way... Browns changed the course of retail and fashion history forever when it opened in 1970. Born in London but celebrated globally, we're the one-stop shop for the best luxury fashion including established designers and emerging talent; renowned for our influence in fashion and style, and our innovative approach to retail and high-level service. Powered by Farfetch, we continue to disrupt the retail landscape to deliver a global luxury shopping experience of the future, championing creativity and originality.
Our people are at the heart of everything we do. Together we are here to make a difference and to spread kindness. We welcome differences, empower individuality and celebrate diverse skills and perspectives, creating an inclusive environment for everyone.
Brand Engagement Department
We’re a creative team that fuses product, culture and community together to build and amplify the Browns narrative across our multi-channel landscape. We recruit creative partners, media, brands, pioneers and influential ambassadors globally to collaborate with us across communications, brand marketing, social media, editorial, events and content streams to deliver stories, new ideas and experiences that are built to live across our brand ecosystem. We offer our community varied points of engagement which utilise our compelling product assortment and ensure all customer and cultural touchpoints are activated.
Our London Head Office is based on Old Street, London’s tech hub, home to a broad range of teams including Ecommerce, Tech & Product, Brand Engagement, Buying, Merchandising and People. Our open plan space is ideal for collaborative working and sharing ideals, or you can enjoy some quiet time in our dedicated library. We also have a large outdoor terrace which is the perfect spot to have a team lunch or host events. We also have homes in the form of our retail boutiques, Browns Brook Street in Mayfair, and Browns East in Shoreditch.
The purpose of the PR Executive is to have your finger on the pulse of what is happening at Browns and the wider industry, generating newsworthy content and materialising this into key news and product stories and shaping industry coverage. A key support to the PR Manager, you will support the wider team in implementing the press strategy to effectively communicate the Browns brand message on a global scale. The PR Executive is a motivated individual with a passion for storytelling and relationship building.
What you’ll do
- You'll network and build relationships at all levels within the business to be in-the-know on our position and view on product launches, creating every opportunity to gather information which you can evolve into media news and stories.
- You will be gatekeeper of the PR calendar, helping plan and building brand and category launches with a focus on womenswear, pulling together the relevant information to provide a 360 approach.
- You will provide an in-depth analysis to the department and wider business on the performance of PR campaigns, following our KPI's, presenting an evaluation of our gaps, missed opportunities to improve our coverage and positioning.
- You will build your personal network within industry, specifically at Editor and Market Editor level, strengthening your relationships across a diverse global portfolio of contacts, maintaining contact.
- You will work with the wider brand engagement team across editorial, social media and brand marketing on the execution of a 360-degree brand and product communications strategy, ensuring inter-departmental alignment.
- You will be an important member of all brainstorming meetings and create stories and coverage designed to increase global brand awareness and bring traffic to all Browns channels.
- You will plan and pitch unique stories and product placement to press with a focus on womenswear, generating coverage for Browns, being considerate of the KPI's on the volume and source of the coverage, and the audience engagement with our brand.
- You will draft and edit press materials including press releases, biographies, spokespeople quotes, fact sheets, media packs etc when relevant.
- You will work with the buying team and our spokespeople notably on womenswear to identify key products, new categories, new designers, and exclusive items at the start of each season to develop PR outreach that looks at platforming our people.
Who you are
- You will have strong global media relationships across fashion and business press.
- You have an understanding of luxury fashion and the retail sector.
- You will encompass the Browns brand and values and truly represent the spirit of the company
- You have strong communication skills, able to engage with people across multiple geographies, cultures, and industries and can overcome barriers.
- You have a strategic mindset.
- You thrive in a fast paced working environment.
Equal Opportunities Statement
Browns Fashion is an equal opportunities employer ensuring that all applications are treated equally and fairly throughout our recruitment process. We are determined that no application experiences discrimination on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, disability, age, gender identity, ancestry, sexual orientation, veteran status, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. We continue to build our consciously inclusive culture as part of our positively FARFETCH strategy throughout our business, partnerships, and communities.