Product Innovation Manager
Crabtree & Evelyn has reinvented itself as a socially-led, digitally-driven company.
We are a modern brand that believes in building connections. We explore the world to craft distinctive experiences through our products and believe in connection – to ourselves, to others and to our world. Making the everyday life better. We are curious and enthusiastic and want to learn from the world. In making connections, we create the kind of complete beauty that is not only about what we look like but how we grow in body, spirit, mind and life. We live by four key values – Adventure (be curious and daring), Passion (be energetic and driven),Connection (be empathetic and engaging), and Authenticity (be real and raw). These will be your lighthouses to help guide your way to success.
The Product Innovation team is the heartbeat of the brand. They are solely responsible for ideation, creation and execution of the personal care product portfolio. Working hand in hand with the exploration team, they are responsible for bringing the overall vision of connecting cultures through products to life.
What you’ll be doing:
· Ideate new product concepts based on market need, white space and product trends
· Develop innovative fragrances, textures, sensorial focused products that have strong efficacy
· Assist in developing three-year portfolio plan
· Responsible for writing and overall delivery of product briefs including product positioning, COG’s, margin, formula and packaging development.
· Work collaboratively with internal teams and external vendors/manufacturers to bring concepts to launch
· Assist in full 360 launch strategy to drive commercial objectives per SKU
· Evaluate all product submissions with urgency based on standard NPD timeline after achieving alignment with Innovation Team and CBO.
· Manage reformulations and running changes to formulas and packaging
· Work with Innovation & Strategy Director on any category or product presentations
· Forge and maintain solid relationships with key cross-functional teams; Exploration, Sourcing, Packaging, Creative, Project Management, Regulatory, Quality and local teams, specifically with a focus on China
· Structure and execute product claims with a solid understanding of market need and claims
· Write key Product Information documents used for education, copy and sales teams
· Responsible for overall delivery of product brief, including COG’s, margin, POD
Experience and Competencies Required:
· 3-5 years of beauty personal care product development/formulation experience
· Cosmetic chemistry background preferred but not required
· A consumer-first and global approach to all projects
· Strong analytical, conceptual and project management skill
· Knowledge of the functions of product development; packaging design, consumer research, trend analysis
· Self-starter who loves working in an entrepreneurial/start-up environment
· Agile and ability to adapt to change
· A passion for ideation and creativity
What do we offer?
· 50% staff discount on products
· Hybrid-remote working
· Medical, dental insurance; 401k match
· Generous vacation time and additional Exploration Days to allow you time to live our values