Graphic Designer - TH Menswear
About the Company:
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America & the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality & value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear & loungewear), footwear & accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods & luggage.
The Tommy Hilfiger Menswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 4 sub teams: Design, Production, Sourcing & Development, Buying & Planning & Merchandising & Sales
These 4 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the European consumer base. Tommy Hilfiger Menswear presents 4 collections per year (Spring, Summer, Fall & Winter).
As Graphic Designer, you will work closely with the print designers & design manager & the design team on our global Menswear collection.
Your responsibility lies in creating new, fresh graphics T-shirts, branding, trims & labeling which are the base of the seasonal collection. You are responsible for creating graphics for several product groups, T-shirts, heavyweight knits, polos & sweaters. In addition, you will also be creating presentations and concepts for seasonal and capsule ranges.
The key objective is to ensure creative commercial graphics that are designed and developed in line with the Tommy Hilfiger brand identity. The role will be reporting directly to the Graphic & Print Design Manager
Please include your portfolio & cover letter with your application.
- Working within an intimate graphic and print team, this position is vital to ensuring commercial graphics are created for the TH menswears team
- Develop a collection according to the seasonal brief
- Work to a design calendar in a concise and professional manner, including hand over of trims/artworks and garment worksheets.
- You will work in close cooperation within the wider team to hand over trims/artwork and garment worksheets.
- Have the artwork/graphic collection presentable at milestone meetings/collection reviews.
- Artwork and concept research
- Be aware of trends in the market and competition, bring a graphical balance between brand, category & fashion to the Tommy Hilfiger Menswear brand.
- Work well in a team environment utilizing strong communication skills.
The Ideal Candidate:
- University/college degree in Fashion or Graphics Design
- 5+ years of graphics experience, working ideally within the graphic appeal role within the fashion industry
- Knowledge of placed prints and factory ready artworks
- Knowledge of printing & applications techniques
- Knowledge and fully proficient in Photoshop & Illustrator
- Strong awareness of current trends and capability to do research
- Ability to communicate in a clear and efficient way and to work closely with the Graphic/ Print Designer and Designers
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- A fast and organized designer to cope with the fast pace environments
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
- Creates partnership and able to work within a diverse team.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A monthly COVID-19 home-office allowance
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work from home in the Netherlands, within a flexible schedule
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus awaiting you upon our return to the office
Please include an up to date portfolio and motivational letter with your application. We would love to see your aesthetic as well how you commercially design to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.