Associate Print Designer (Textiles)
Dreamwear is an industry leading creator of top quality, fashion-forward intimate apparel, shape-wear and sleepwear. We own, license and manage a diverse portfolio of brands that share our passion for quality, comfort and trend, such as Danskin, Nautica, Juicy Couture, Marilyn Monroe, XOXO. We are looking to bring on a creative and skilled Associate/Senior Associate Print Designer to help us on our Juniors/Young Contemporary team.
Our ideal candidate will have a creative mindset and be passionate about the fashion apparel industry. He or she must be self-motivated and able to execute these essential responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities
- Support Print Design Manager to create original prints and graphics in a fast-paced environment.
- Prep existing artwork for production - create rotary repeats and reduce colors to factory ready screens
- Develop artwork from concept through pre-production within factory constraints.
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional partners & Print Design Manger to execute artwork.
- Research emerging print/graphic concepts and trends for inspiration.
- Maintain a working knowledge of factory-ready artwork and repeats.
- Continually practice illustration and techniques to improve brand understanding and print creation.
- 4 years of experience in textile design.
- Degree in Textile Design or related field.
- Excellent knowledge and application of Illustrator and Photoshop for textile design.
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines.
- Strong illustrative hand and painting skills.
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to learn.
- Ideal candidate is passionate about print design, with a great eye for color, design, and trend.
* This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The responsibilities can be changed orally or in writing at any time by the discretion of management.