Head of Digital
Job Title: Head of Digital
Reporting to: Chief Marketing Officer
Location: 24 Albemarle Street, London
- To lead, transform and execute the digital strategy for Garrard globally across Website, digital marketing and Social – working closely with the rest of the Marketing Team and key stakeholders across the business to ensure the digital strategy and plans delivers on business objectives
- Champion digital marketing throughout the company, bringing best practice and innovative ideas
- Own the E-Commerce user experience to grow this channel significantly.
- Contribute to the development of the Garrard brand equity and consumer experience and awareness through the use of various Digital marketing activities.
- Work collaboratively with a new Head of CRM to accurately track and monitor paid media attribution, placing data at the heart of all marketing decision-making.
Develop and drive the digital strategy for Garrard including:
- Leading Digital Marketing strategy and driving the yearly digital marketing calendar, overseeing the Social Content Manager and Digital Coordinator to ensure implementation
- Lead the launch of a new Garrard.com e-commerce website in English and Chinese
- Lead the digital media agency and develop plans across all markets to grow brand awareness and drive qualified HNWI traffic to the new website
- Optimise digital media budgets with the media agency to maximise regional and global synergies, developing value add buys and programs that target our consumer
- Oversee and optimise on-going website performance with actions to improve traffic, time on site, email sign-up, in-store bookings and E-Commerce
- Develop Search across all key regions: SEO & SEM
- Development of Social Media strategy globally and for China specifically, working with an in-market China Marketing Manager to adapt the program to local market needs, linking to our overall brand programme.
- Marketing Manager to adapt the program to local market needs, linking to our overall brand programme
- Analyse Monthly E-Commerce data and develop specific actions plans to grow traffic & conversion
- Digital Marketing strategy and yearly calendar, working closely with the markets to implement
- Management of all digital agencies
Criteria for performance evaluation
- This is a key role for the development of Garrard to build our digital presence. The candidate will need to be at the forefront of digital activities and be able to build a strategy but also be in all the detail required to bring it to life. This is not a role just managing a team, it is hands on
- Ensure the content and quality of work within Digital program, meet the standards of a luxury brand
- Traffic, Time on Site, E-Commerce sales, Social Engagement and in-store appointments made
- Bringing innovation to the team through digital understanding and staying up to date on key trends, to become a best-in-class brand in digital channels.
- Maximise the impact of the global digital marketing budgets
- Effective management of relationships both internal and external
- Effectively tracking the success of online activity and campaigns
- Projects delivered on time, scope and budget
- 8 years + experience and a proven track record of delivering digital transformation in businesses
- Digital marketing expertise across PPC, Paid Social, Display, SEO, Social Media, Website builds and optimisation
- Experience of working closely with Marketing and Sales teams in a commercially driven organisation
- Strong leadership skills, with extensive technology, business transformation and business process management experience
- Strategic, visionary & pragmatic, focusing on execution
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple complex projects, juggling competing priorities, and meeting deadlines
- Leadership and communication skills to inspire, engage and align individuals and teams
- Experience working for a luxury brand
- Social & Content Manager
- Digital Coordinator
- Chinese Marketing Consultant (2 days per week)