Manager Merchandising - TH Womenswear
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
The Tommy Hilfiger Womenswear division is one of the main business drivers within Tommy Hilfiger Europe. Based in the Amsterdam European HQ, the team is split into 5 sub-teams: Design, Merchandising & Sales, Production, Sourcing & Development and Buying & Planning. These 5 teams work together in an informal setting to create superbly styled and high-end quality products for the Global consumer base.
As a key member of the womenswear merchandising team, the Merchandise Manager takes ownership to achieve sustainable and profitable growth of the Womenswear collection by understanding the brand strategy, DNA, company culture, and balancing different market requirements. Responsible for the merchandising critical path from initial strategy to product realization. You will work closely with the wider merchandising team, sales, design and product development team to deliver cross-product storytelling. You will report to the Merchandise Director.
- Providing the range plan to create commercial and fashionable female collections in line with the corporate direction which fulfill different market needs together with sales, design and product development teams
- Providing guidance during the collection-building process (e.g. in merchandising brief handover, sketch and proto reviews)
- Achieving aggressive merchandising growth target, with healthy price value, margin and collection efficiency based on management target
- Analysing sell in and sell out of the relevant categories, competitor and market trends to identify opportunities and make necessary recommendations from a commercial perspective
- Working closely with the other merchandisers to guarantee a cohesive collection in terms of focuses and storytelling
- Efficient reporting needed for planning and evaluation to support (management) decision-making
- Direct pre-pricing process and final pricing/margin meetings, ensuring price points reflective of quality and alignment with margin targets
- Communication with the sales teams to fulfill different market requirements, suggesting the most effective product selection and supporting sales needs on merchandising related topics (e.g. sample allocation, product information)
- Presentation of the seasonal collections in key meetings with the ability to lead, influence and moderate discussions
- Ensuring accuracy of database (e.g. forecasts) at all times in an efficient and timely manner
- Involved in initiatives regarding improving ways of working (e.g. standardization of processes and development of team members
The Ideal Candidate
We are looking for a real team player, who brings in creative and positive energy. Our team is supportive, strong and creative and we are looking for a structured personality that is full of power and wants to push TH forward. If you are curious about trends, data-driven and you think without limits, our team is perfect for you:
- 7+ years previous experience in a Women Apparel Merchandising role, with at least 2 years leading a team
- Strong understanding of fashion, the industry and female trends
- Commercial and strategic knowledge within a WHS womenswear environment with a clear understanding of the metrics that drive omnichannel performance
- Strong Influencing and negotiating skills
- Embrace the hands-on, active, dynamic, fun and fast paced work environment
- Good eye for product demonstrating excellent commercial awareness
- Advanced Excel skills and proficiency in spreadsheet analyses
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills with the ability to present and map complex business solutions and processes
- Focused on achieving results & confident to take on accountability to deliver to expectations
- Ability to bring ideas to the table in relation to product and brand mix
- Comfortable to build relationships at all levels with suppliers and internal stakeholders
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as being a self-motivated individual;
- Ability to work calmly and efficiently under pressure
- Quick to learn new systems and tools
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must.
- Creates partnership and able to work within a diverse team
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
Please include a motivational letter with your application. We would love to understand why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation