About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage.
As a member of the cross-divisional Tommy Hilfiger Denim team, the Product Developer is responsible for the product development of Denim's for Womenswear division, from sketch (created by Design / Merchandise) until the final product coming out of production. The product is developed, produced, and received based on the standards and goals established in cooperation with the Design and Merchandising department.
The key objective is to be responsible for the total process Denim development in collaboration with your counterpart Denim Developer, Merchandise, Design and Technical team. This position reports into Manager Denim.
- Responsible for development and production of the Denim Collection, keeping the quality and sustainability of the product high
- Works closely with the designer to select the right Denim fabric and develop it into high-quality denim with a sustainable approach, from fabric level up to washing/ finishing level
- Works with the PVH off-shore offices and direct vendors to control the status and changes to the styles follows up on deadlines for proto samples, wash trials, sales samples, size sets, and production approval samples
- Responsible for tracking all proto, sales samples and, fit samples for each season of the collection as well as pro-active planning.
- Prepares proto and collection meetings and makes collection overviews with design
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (PLM, VMS, GT Nexus etc.)
- Responsible for the maintenance of the garment worksheets and size specifications in close collaboration with the Design and the Technical team
- Travels to production and laundry facilities in Turkey and Tunisia to check the status and quality of samples and production.
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit. Searches new innovative way’s for washing and finishing, enhancing the Denim product and sustainability on fabric and washing level
- Communication with: Buying offices, Vendors, Denim mills, Laundries, Technical team, Sales, Design and Merchandising.
- Responsible for the option count of the Denim Collection, together with Merchandise and Design
- Responsible for reaching the requested margin on the product.
- Negotiates the best possible FOB per style
The Ideal Candidate:
- Education: higher textile education (AMFI, The Jeans School, TMO)
- A passion for Denim
- Minimum 2-3 years working experience in development/sourcing/production/washing of Denim field
- Used to working under pressure with deadlines
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills
- Solid expertise in Denim fabrics and physical production
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fitting and pattern making
- Willingness to travel (Turkey and Tunisia) if situations allow
- Excellent communication skills, fluency in written and spoken English are a must
- Creates partnership and able to work within a diverse team
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
Please include a cover letter with your application. We would love to know why this is THE role for you!
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.