Senior Product Developer
About Tommy Hilfiger
Tommy Hilfiger, which was acquired by PVH Corp. in 2010, is a global apparel and retail company with more than 16,000 associates worldwide. With the support of strong global consumer recognition, Tommy Hilfiger has built an extensive distribution network in over 90 countries and more than 1,400 retail stores throughout North America, Europe, Latin America and the Asia Pacific region. Global retail sales of the Tommy Hilfiger brand were $9.2 billion in 2019
Founded in 1985, Tommy Hilfiger delivers premium styling, quality and value to consumers worldwide with a brand portfolio that includes TOMMY HILFIGER and TOMMY JEANS.
Tommy Hilfiger is one of the world’s most recognized premium designer lifestyle groups and is recognized for celebrating the essence of “classic American cool” style, featuring preppy with a twist designs.
Its focus is designing and marketing high-quality men’s tailored clothing and sportswear, women’s collection apparel and sportswear, kidswear, denim collections, underwear (including robes, sleepwear and loungewear), footwear and accessories. Through select licensees, Tommy Hilfiger offers complementary lifestyle products such as eyewear, watches, fragrance, swimwear, socks, small leather goods, home goods and luggage
Department and Team
The TH Lab division is responsible to develop the pinnacle collections under the Tommy Hilfiger umbrella.
The product development team works on a seasonal collection as well as 3rd party collaborations and tran-seasonal capsules and special projects.
The team develops all product categories within the Apparel range and liaise with factories based in Asia, Turkey and Portugal.
The structure is very lean as it is only 2 people at present: a PD Manager and a Coordinator, who are both highly motivated and skilled professionals, making it an inspiring and dynamic environment to work in.
As Product developers, we work closely cross divisionally with the fabric team, the designers, and the merchandising teams in order to deliver successful collections that embody the designers’ vision and still meet the business needs in terms of margins and brand identity.
The Senior Product Developer is responsible for the product development from sketch (created by design) until final product for both genders of the Tommy Jeans division. The product is placed, produced and received based on the standards and goals established by the division. The key objective is to be responsible for the total development in collaboration with design and follow up of collection and production in ways of (physical) product that is production feasible and hitting margin targets.
- Reports to the Manager Sourcing & Production.
- Works on the development of the main collection and all collaborations / capsules across all apparel product categories
- Advises design regarding technical possibilities and limitations
- Works closely with the buying offices, factories and suppliers to control the status of the samples and changes to the styles, follows up on deadlines for proto samples, SMS and bulk production
- Communicates all changes on styles to the buying offices & direct vendors
- Coordinates and ensures that all the systems are updated and matching as per internal information (Excel, PLM, etc.).
- Takes a pro-active role in continuously improving the product in ways of quality and fit.
- Price negotiations.
Tools in order to full-fill the above:
- Centric PLM: the main system to generate all the material/style/product and production information.
- Communication with: Buying offices, design, merchandising and Buying & Planning
The Ideal Candidate:
- Minimal 5+ years working experience in development/sourcing/production across different product categories
- Team player, used to working under pressure with tight deadlines.
- All round knowledge on all product groups.
- Solid knowledge of garment specifications, fabrics, fitting and patterns.
- Strong work ethic.
- Fluent in English.
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.