About Calvin Klein:
Calvin Klein is a global lifestyle brand built on iconic essentials and powered by bold, progressive ideals.
The Calvin Klein brands — CK Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein, Calvin Klein Jeans, Calvin Klein Underwear and Calvin Klein Performance — provide us with the opportunity to market products both domestically and internationally at various price points, through multiple distribution channels and to different consumer groups. The Calvin Klein brands are also licensed for a range of products, including fragrance, women's apparel, footwear, eyewear, watches and jewelry in various regions. Global retail sales of products sold under the Calvin Klein brands were approximately $9.4 billion in 2019.
The tiered-brand strategy was established for Calvin Klein to provide a focused, consistent approach to global brand growth and development that preserves the brand's prestige and image. Each of the Calvin Klein brands occupies a distinct marketing identity and position. We believe that Calvin Klein is well positioned over the next few years to establish itself as the world’s favorite brand. With the North Star of "Defying the boundaries of self-expression" guiding its design, marketing and consumer engagement initiatives, we believe that Calvin Klein will convert its investments into ongoing commercial success.
Department and Team
Calvin Klein Menswear Europe - Merchandising
The Merchandising team is responsible for the planning and implementation of a successful product GTM (Go to Market) strategy that meets the region specific consumer requirements, delivers on the KPI targets, upholds the CK iconic brand image and realizes the global brand direction.
The team is the key contact to support all sales teams with presenting the collection and ensuring effective and consistent communication between the division, regional sales and retail channels.
The Position :
The Merchandise Manager will support all aspects of the CK Menswear GTM process with focus on the sportswear lifestyle collection including forward seasonal collections as well as non-seasonal capsules and read & react product opportunities.
- Report into the Merchandise Director and be able to manage a team of Merchandiser and Senior Merchandiser.
- Support the Merchandise Director with the seasonal assortment plan and seasonal strategy
- Drive the go to market strategy per season and delivery on predefined KPI’s
- Creating range plans that offer best assortments at the right price positioning for the European market, in line with the brand vision
- Take ownership and accountability for all collection data and related systems
- Able to collaborate across multiple functions and disciplines including but not limited to Design, Product Development, Technical Development, Buying, Marketing and Operations teams to maintain range plan, pricing, margin and collection structure
- Translate market demand and trend information into commercially viable product strategies based upon numerical analysis (sell through numbers, pricing parameters, quantities, etc.)
- Partner closely with the sales teams to ensure that the division supports all market needs and has strong collaboration with all countries in achieving sales targets and growth
- Support the Merchandise Director in hosting the adoption meetings to ensure alignment on the product strategies per region
- Work with the Buying team on all pre-market buying commitments and projections
- Follow key country and CK market trends, analyze consumer behavior needs
- Think and act as a brand ambassador
The Ideal Candidate :
- Graduated at degree level or equivalent
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in a wholesale driven environment with a focus on Men’s sportswear product management as well as non-seasonal capsules / merchandise role within a globally operating apparel brand
- Fluent English both written and verbal; other languages are a plus
- Excellent analytic and planning skills
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Market trends and fashion awareness as well as a strong commercial understanding
- Able to frequently travel
- Excellent communication, sales and negotiation skills, strong influencing abilities
- Previous experience of managing a team, coaching and developing preferred
- Team player
- Able to work in a hectic, fast-paced environment with strict deadlines
What You Can Expect from Us:
- A beautiful state-of-the-art Campus, complete with our very own People's Place Gym and People's Place Cafés
- A company culture that fosters development, offering training and learning opportunities through our very own PVH University
- An international environment which respects diversity, equality, and individuality
- A smart work program that empowers our associates to work at their preferred location within a flexible schedule
- A chance to unwind with weekly social activities
PVH Europe and our brands, TOMMY HILFIGER and CALVIN KLEIN, are committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community of associates with a strong sense of belonging. We believe we are bettered by all forms of diversity, and take pride in working with top talent from every walk of life and corner of the world. In the spirit of inclusivity, qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, ethnicity, ability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, nationality, race, religion or sexual orientation.