Executive Director of Social Media
Named to Comparably’s Best Companies for Company Culture in 2019, and Built In LA’s Best Place to Work in both 2020 and 2021, — Who What Wear is hiring an Executive Director of Social Media to join its dynamic, fast-paced, forward-thinking social media team.
As the Executive Director of Social Media, you will oversee all of social entailing the content calendar; editorial and marketing series and tentpoles; key affiliate shopping moments; and core product launches. You will work closely with the brand marketing, Influencer marketing, audience development, editorial and creative teams to drive impact across all social channels. You will be responsible for establishing and building relationships with key industry partners and external stakeholders on social platforms.
The ideal candidate will have a profound understanding of social media marketing and how to develop them and oversee social media presence for all of Clique’s brands. More importantly, the ideal candidate will have a deep passion for social media, a forward-thinking mindset, and creativity at the forefront of everything they do. This role is based in Los Angeles and reports to the Chief Content Officer.
*COVID-19 Hiring: We understand how difficult it is to start a new position with a new company in the age of the coronavirus. Our People team and hiring managers are here to guide you through this journey. During the pandemic, all of our offices are closed and all employees are working remotely until further notice. That said, all of our recruiting, interviews, and onboarding activities are online. Thank you for your flexibility.
- Set a comprehensive strategy that further advances the brand and drives the company’s social media goals, including new user acquisition, customer loyalty, and overall community engagement
- Lead on social video strategy, opportunities, edits, and distribution Identify, build strategies, and oversee the development pipeline for emerging platforms, such as social video, AR, VR, podcasts, voice, and messaging opportunities.
- Provide always-on feedback and guidance throughout the proposal and campaign lifecycle for all branded content partners
- Work with Creative department leads and production team on the capture and packaging of assets for optimal distribution of content initiatives.
- Work with Audience Development & Data to identify opportunities for audience growth and leverage social to deliver on-site traffic objectives.
- Review performance of programming in the market and identify practices and opportunities on a proactive basis Establish best practices for paid social and educate Media Revenue Team accordingly
- Support CRO and work with VP Digital and VP Product on development of enterprise-level projects and third-party distribution partners
- Work with CRO and MRT leadership on monetization, sponsorship, and other revenue opportunities for social.
- Participate in all MRT leadership meetings to advise and give feedback on current and future foci Identify and negotiate vendor contracts for social department tools.
- 7+ years of experience in social media as it relates to strategy, management, and execution knowledge
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A deep understanding of the social media landscape and community management
- Professional portfolio of past and current social media pages managed, social campaigns and results, content created, and social media activities across multiple platforms.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Must have crisis management experience to be able to successfully oversee community best practices and provide guidance for feedback and responses
- A strong eye for detail and industry trends
- The ability to lead a team by coaching, providing feedback, and staying on top of best practices for Clique Brands Inc.
- Client-facing and In-house brand experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally and share social insights with our senior leadership team.
Benefits & Perks:
- Work/Life Balance: Unlimited time off, paid holidays, self-care Fridays, paid winter break, and flexible work schedules.
- Wellness: 85%–100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance for employees in addition to short- and long-term disability coverage and life insurance.
- Financial Well-being: Sponsored 401k plan with unlimited access to financial advisors and planning tools.
- Bonus eligibility for all employees.
- Opportunity to Take Action: We’re proud to match 100% of employee donations made to organizations that combat racism and social injustices.
- A Team That Cares: Every employee at Who What Wear is asked to take at least one day off each year to make a difference in our communities and for others.
Who What Wear provides an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation, and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. Who What Wear believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as an international company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
More about Who What Wear:
Who What Wear is an international fashion company known for its content sites—whowhatwear.com and whowhatwear.co.uk—and its affordable, size-inclusive, and trend-forward line of clothing and accessories. The brand was founded in 2006 by Hillary Kerr and Katherine Power and includes the chart-topping career podcast, Second Life, which is hosted by Kerr. Most recently, Who What Wear launched a sister company, Versed, which is a clean skincare line with products at affordable prices. Headquartered in Los Angeles, Who What Wear also has offices in New York City and London, with Amazon, Greycroft Partners, BDMI, WndrCo, and others as key investors.