The patternmaking assistant will work directly with the head patternmaker. This is a job with strong growth potential. We are a rapidly growing company and would love to find the right person to grow with us!
The ideal candidate is motivated, organized and energetic and has:
- A strong knowledge of patternmaking and clothing construction
- Highly Creative with excellent draping skills
- High Level of attention to detail
- Ability to grasp concepts quickly and creatively problem solve
- Self Motivated, Ability to multi task, with a high sense of urgency
- Strong work ethic with motivation to learn
- Knowledge of Gerber Patternmaking system- Strong plus!
The initial job responsibilities:
- Cut and sew muslins
- Drape out concepts directed by Head Patternmaker
- Dot off muslins, pin muslins, general prep work for Patternmaker
- Digitize patterns of drapes, prepare digital patterns after gerber knowledge is strong
- Organize calendar, atelier, trims, and general upkeep of studio
- Communicate with sewers, and outside factories with construction and quality
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.