Shrimps are looking for a RTW Designer for a maternity leave contract. The role will start on a part-time basis, moving to full-time from the 1st August.
As the RTW Designer at Shrimps you will work directly with the Creative Director and be responsible for managing the design of all RTW collections (including outerwear) seeing the collections through from initial ideation and research, sketching, CAD, pattern, toile and sample through to the finished product.
● Work with the Creative Director to design and develop seasonal Ready-to-Wear collections
● Work with the Accessories Designer to oversee the accessories range and ensure collection cohesion.
● Work closely with the Product Development and Production teams to develop and oversee accurate design’s, launch trials and samples and produce tech-packs / technical drawings where appropriate.
● Work with the Product Development team and Commercial Director to follow and deliver the critical path deadlines, ensuring seasonal budgets are kept to.
● Carry out visual research and design development based on the Creative Director’s creative concept and brief for the season
● Produce sketches, sketch modifications and CAD’s as directed by the Creative Director
● Liaise with the Product Development team to research and source fabrics, trims and other components for designs
● When necessary, visit sourcing fairs and print/fabric suppliers
● Producing patterns and toiles for first samples and any amendments required
● Communicate designs accurately and assist in fit sessions and ensure the modifications are reflected in the final spec sheets and patterns
● Ensure any and all design issues are discussed with the Creative Director in a timely manner
● Monitor and report on the critical path at regular meetings with relevant teams
● When necessary recruit and manage the Design interns, communicating with them daily to ensure appropriate direction and support on required tasks
● Support the Creative Director with any other design projects
● Carry out other tasks or responsibilities as required by the business
Requirements of the role:
● BA or equivalent qualification in a fashion related subject from a recognized College or University
● At least 4 years prior experience in a luxury/premium Womenswear design role
● Fluent English language skills
● Detailed knowledge of women’s fashion and an ability to understand SHRIMPS brand and customer aesthetic
● Ability to create and contribute to the design of premium women’s RTW and Accessories with a high level of skills within visual design, technical drawing and pattern cutting
● Strong technical knowledge of womenswear and an ability to come up with creative solutions
● Able to pattern cut and sew
● Exceptional organizational skills and ability to manage the design process and timetable for seasonal collections
● Ability to balance workload across multiple projects and communicate across departments to ensure deadlines are met
● Strong Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign skills
● Exceptional interpersonal skills and an ability to effectively manage team members
● The ideal candidate will be flexible and proactive, able to work in a fast-paced environment with a can-do approach
- 1 A4 page cover letter outlining why you are the ideal candidate for this role
- A digital portfolio