Production Garment Technician
To be responsible for the technical health of production garments, including the approval of PP samples, communication with makers and within the organisation on technical issues, working with pattern cutters, and development technical teams to ensure the best application of technical methods to aid smooth running production and timely delivery. Experience & understanding of GERBER required.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To check graded measurements prior to Pre-Production sample launch
- To attend the Development SMS fitting to gain an understanding if the new season design & fit ethic.
- Attendance of all Production fittings, with Development Technologists, taking ownership of the technical aspects of production, from PP approval to investigations and resolutions of production issues at factory.
- To inspect all PP samples, schedule & lead all PP fittings & issue updated Fit Notes & action plan
- Critical Path maintenance with accurate PP
- To write and issue PP comments to factory.
- To assist with Specs when required
- To review in the first instance Gerber file queries and escalate to Pattern / grader if unresolved, including measuring of Gerber pattern where required
- To oversee the in-studio QC procedure, ensuring guidelines are followed
- To Review anomalies within the External QC report & authorise shipment
- To review measurements and QC of Size sets and give factory / PC approval to ship.
- To review any issues highlighted in the External QC report and advise how to best resolve.
- To build strong relationships with all manufacturers, reacting effectively if a technical issue is raised, visiting their premises when necessary, in order to find resolutions
- To compile and issue a seasonal QC report to factory
- Respond to product queries, including complaints in order to remedy issues or improve upon for future collections.
- Sign Off of relevant invoices relating to area
- To provide seasonal feedback for GT team on issues arising at factories.
- Must come from a similar role, with 3-5 years’ experience with luxury products ideally, and preferably exposure to broad product categories
- This staff member needs to be highly detail oriented and well organized. The role requires being capable of working unsupervised in a fast-paced environment and therefore requires a strong ability to work on own initiative.
- Must be able to work well within a team and be able to delegate in order to achieve deadlines
- Experience working with GERBER graded patterns is especially advantageous.
- Understanding of grading, Lay plans, costings and knowledge of pattern cutting is expected along with a good understanding of Garment Construction techniques.