Digital Designer & Video Editor
Digital Designer & Video Editor
Full-Time Employment Contract
Josh Wood Colour is looking for a passionate Digital Designer to take the lead on the day-to-day design and video requirements of our growing online marketing. Reporting directly to the Social Media Manager, this role is hands-on and requires a person who is willing to work fast and grow with the company.
This fast-paced and creative role will bring social ideas to life. From capturing product imagery to GIF creation, to video editing for content across YouTube, Facebook and Instagram; this position is perfect for someone with experience creating online content looking for a new challenge in the beauty industry.
Josh Wood is a world-leading colourist, an Executive Board Member of the British Beauty Council and a regular host on ITV’s This Morning. He founded the Josh Wood Colour Atelier in 2011, with co-founder Jonathan Davies, as the home of their handpicked dream team of colourists and stylists. In 2018 they launched their award-winning range of hair colour products most recently described by the Times as “the hero of lockdown”.
“From Fashion Week to the red carpet, if you’ve spotted a shade you absolutely love, it’s more than likely expert colourist Josh Wood or his team were behind it” - Refinery29
- Produce and Design compelling and creative assets for all social media platforms. This includes stills, video and GIFs.
- Video including editing raw footage from shoots into edits for YouTube, website, and other social media platforms
- Translate product positioning, existing research and online/offline marketing strategies into effective design.
- Work alongside e-commerce and social team to ensure all designs are in line with brand guidelines
- Ensure design consistency across all social media platforms
- Provide design support to other teams within the company when necessary
- Successful experience within design for social media / online marketing
- Three years design experience
- Video editing skills
- Passion for creating engaging content
- Strong understanding and ability to use Adobe software (specifically Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Premiere Pro and After Effects)
- Attention to detail
- Can turn around tasks quickly and effectively whilst making sure to stick to the brief
- Understanding of social media best practices as well as the Josh Wood Colour brand
- Strong visual communication skills
- Strong verbal communication skills within the team
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- We are based in West London. We have a physical office presence in Ladbroke Grove, London, but have a flexible working from home culture
- We are a friendly bunch with a strong and collaborative team culture
- You will be joining a creative team and get the chance to help shape how we work
- Working in a growing brand with global ambition is a unique challenge and opportunity where time passes quickly, no two weeks are the same, and the opportunities for trying new things for personal development are constant
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday
- Generous discounts on hair & beauty products
- Complimentary salon treatments