Sr. Manager, PR and Community
Is this job for you?
The Sr. Manager, PR and Community role is integral for the growth and presence of Faherty Brand. The position will manage and promote all public relations and communication efforts for the company, with development and implementation of global communication strategies to support programs and initiatives aligned with business targets, image goals, and product launches across omni-channel. This role will include a strong day-to-day collaboration with Executives and VP, Marketing in order to craft an integrated strategy for marketing and communications in this fast-evolving sector of luxury retail.
- Partner with Creative Director and Director of Marketing to ideate initial concepts and creative direction for brand campaigns, events, collaborations, and partnerships in order to achieve communication and marketing goals
- Develop a consistent brand voice for Faherty Brand across omni-channel
- Identify the specific PR and Marketing needs including PR programs and initiatives globally to build strategy and fulfill those needs in partnership with PR agency
- Manage Faherty Brands external PR agency partner
- Partner with Senior Manager, Marketing and Executive Team to develop and manage the annual
- PR/Marketing budget and the annual calendar of initiatives and activities
- Oversee and manage sample trafficking, VIP and celebrity dressing strategies, calendars, and outreach
- Manage, develop and mentor Social Media Strategist to achieve department goals and successfully execute day-to-day responsibilities
- Direct Faherty Brands communication campaigns, PR activities, and events to the media and the general public globally
- Monitor brand placement and exposure in the media to ensure all communications are aligned with Faherty Brands brand positioning and values, ensuring the brand is represented correctly and consistently across all target media
- Own all media relationships with key outlets, VIPs, and influencers
- Own and leverage social media and new relevant platforms, ensuring digital amplification of press activity, brand collaborations, and customer experiences
- Develop editorial strategies to obtain features that communicate key products, stories, and exclusive collaborations to a global audience
- Communicate daily press and editorial coverage report to entire company
- Work closely with wholesale and merchandising to ensure that all product is supported to drive sell-through performance
- Develop and implement new market and category launch strategies
- Work with cross-functional marketing partners to ensure ecommerce site, in-store retail, social, and digital experiences are cohesive and compelling
- Collaborate with Director, Growth Marketing to ensure the brand is properly represented on the site across copywriting, product photography, journal, and all digital communication to Faherty
- Brand customers (including affiliates)
Must have qualifications include:
- At least 8 years marketing communications and public relations experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent in PR, Communications, Marketing or related field
- Experience working with social engagement tools & platforms (i.e. Sprinklr)
- Prior experience managing and working closely with an external PR agency
- Collaborative influencing and leadership skills as evidenced by the ability to motivate and build consensus and partnerships
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization both orally and written
- Strong follow-up skills and attention to detail
- Ability to meet deadlines and motivate others
- Strong people leadership skills and ability to develop a team
A bit about us:
Founded in 2013 by Mike and Alex Faherty and Kerry Docherty, Faherty is a family-run lifestyle and apparel brand fueled by purpose and optimism. Our goal: to build a new American legacy by creating high-quality, sustainably minded, feel-good favorites that will bring you joy to wear.
We feel a deep responsibility to do things differently: to promise comfort without compromising quality. To hold ourselves to a higher standard with a lower environmental impact. To leave the world a better place than we found it.
We recognize the impact the fashion industry has on the world, and we’re dedicated to learning how to be better stewards of the planet. We believe the power of conversation and connection can make real change, and we’re committed to supporting people and organizations doing work that we believe in.
Our passionate leadership team comes from different backgrounds but share a singular goal: to deliver on our promise of comfort and craftsmanship. To work side-by-side in a collaborative, energetic, and creative environment every day, like the family we are.
We welcome everyone — and we mean everyone. We believe a diversity of viewpoints, experiences, and backgrounds only serve to make our team stronger, which is why we strongly encourage those from historically and systemically marginalized communities to apply: BIPOC, women, and people in the LGBTQIA+ community, to name a few. We strive to lead consciously, bravely, and inclusively — and to reflect those values in our work. We live by six key pillars:
Be The Best
Spread Good Vibes
Deliver On Promises
Lead Consciously, Bravely and Inclusively
Remain compassionate. Stay focused. Seek joy. Let’s make the world a better place.