Senior Manager, Operational Excellence
Depop is the fashion marketplace where the next generation buy, sell and get inspired. We are headquartered in London, UK with locations in Manchester, New York and Australia. We have more than 25 million registered users in 180+ countries. In the UK, 1 in 3 Gen Z/Millennials are registered and in the US we have grown 300% over two years. We are also the only European player to have recently entered the top 25 shopping apps by daily active users.
Depop exists to build the world's most diverse progressive home of fashion. We are a community-powered fashion ecosystem that's kinder to the planet and kinder to people. We give our audience something they can't get anywhere else - unique fashion, with amazing people and the chance to create a better future by showing up as their full selves, at full volume.
We operate on three pillars:
- Community: Our buyers, sellers and employees are inclusive, diverse and accessible. We are committed to empowering diversity within the fashion community.
- Entrepreneurship: We support our community and help them build their business with Depop. We thrive on supporting innovation by shaping an environment where creators, makers or hustlers can thrive.
- Sustainability: Depop helps extend the life of garments and reduce waste, we care about the world and want to make a positive change within the fashion industry.
Keeping our community safe on Depop requires both industry-leading policies and processes that allow us to enforce these policies. The trust and safety teams at Depop support our users through both direct support interactions as well as building scalable solutions to keep our community safe.
Right now, we are seeking a Senior Manager to oversee operational excellence across key safety areas for Depop and continue to support our company-wide efforts to protect users every day. This critical role is ideal for a strategic and experienced operational leader who is eager to learn and excited by building systems to support millions of people.
- Analyse and determine key insights from drivers, trends and operating metrics to identify areas of opportunity that have the greatest impact
- Oversee operational efficiency and optimisation across safety domain areas, vendor management and tooling
- Partner with Engineering, Product, and Analytics to identify and influence data, tracking and reporting needs
- Lead and build out a team who will lead on maximising impact and efficiency to further drive the safety of our community
- Proactively identify process improvements to support on executing our strategic vision within Trust & Safety
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners within Trust & Safety to drive improvements
- Research industry developments including developing strategies for wellness, application of tools and systems and advanced analytics
- 5+ years of experience within operations, process improvement or service optimisation
- Your work history illustrates efficiency improvements that have observed a meaningful impact on the business
- A proven track record of driving change and delivering results via data driven decision making
- Knowledge of all aspects of operations, specifically workforce management, tooling and capacity planning
- Experience with process design, implementation, and improvement
- Experience working in the technology sector or other relevant fast paced environments
- Experience in working within the Trust & Safety industry
- Knowledge of data tools such as SQL or data visualisation tools
- Strategic thinker with analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Strong teamwork experience and proven track record of collaborative approach to problem solving
- Learn and Grow: We want to give our people the opportunity to learn. We sponsor and run a myriad of programs, conferences and meet-ups to upskill our employees and enhance their journey with us, just ask!
- Wellbeing: We care about our employees wellbeing. We offer a cycle to work scheme, healthy fruit and snacks in the office, breakfast every Tuesday, eye-care vouchers and a discounted gym membership at Nuffield Health.
- Mental Health: Our employees mental health is a top priority. We offer subsidised counselling appointments with a qualified therapist through SelfSpace, we have trained mental health first aiders and we also run yoga, meditation and more.
- Work/life balance: We have 25 days of holiday with the opportunity to buy or sell 5 more, a day off for activism to allow you the opportunity to make a difference and we offer sabbaticals for our long serving employees
- Family life: We offer flexible working (based on the team you will be joining), generous maternity/paternity and parental leave policies which includes adoption and paid time off for fertility treatments. Also, all of our offices are dog-friendly! Do your best work with your best friend.
- Fun: We love to hang out with each other at Depop. On Friday we finish an hour early to socialise with free food, and have amazing Winter and Summer Parties to celebrate our successes. We also host internal employee socials such as quiz night, games night, movie night and more...we’ve taken this virtual for now!
Depop is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.