Head of Content
Established in 1952 and online since 1999, Childrensalon is a fast-growing, award-winning, forward-thinking retailer, specialising in dressing children beautifully.
Childrensalon believes there is beauty in diversity and difference, as resembled by our wonderful team. Our vision of being the most inclusive, diverse, and humane company is very important to us as is our culture of fairness, openness, and transparency. We are committed to the career progression and advancement of every team member as well as welcoming the best external talent in the industry. We offer a fun, challenging, collaborative, family-oriented work environment in our fast-paced and rapidly growing business and in turn will provide you with the opportunity to grow your career and make a difference.
Due to our growth we are looking for a passionate individual to lead the creation of the Childrensalon content, making this a key role in helping us achieve our mission of being the best-loved childrenswear company in the world.
Together with the wider Marketing and Creative teams, you will head the creation of content that builds and strengthens our reputation as a renown, trusted, loved and forward-thinking authority in our industry.
Your core responsibilities will be to oversee all our content creation and execution across the different Childrensalon channels, creating experiences that grow brand awareness, truly engage our audience through a deep understanding of our customer, increasing our visibility amongst an international audience.
- Formulate and implement the departments strategy, with supporting reports and research as needed, in line with the company’s overall business plan.
- Manage all content execution across Email, Social Media, PR & Outreach and Blog from initial brief to execution.
- Drive the creation of engaging and innovative content, imagery and tone of voice that feels authentic and relatable to our customer base, emphasises our brand values and continuously delivers on our reputation as experts.
- Create open conversations with our customers and followers that cover everyday family lifestyle topics with an aim of genuine engagement rather than sales.
- Continuously learn about the Childrensalon customers, bringing a deep understanding of who they are and our brand values to everything you do.
- Monitor effectiveness, community sentiment and wider trends and incorporate findings into planned campaigns and initiatives, reporting to the wider organisation.
- Be a brand ambassador and guardian of the Childrensalon brand identity through all touchpoints.
- Ensure all content is delivered on time and within budget.
- Developing standards and best practices for content creation, implementation, maintenance and retrieval.
- Use content management systems to analyse website traffic and user’s engagement metrics.
- Collaborate with the wider Creative and Marketing teams to ensure consistent and impactful campaign execution.
- Build strong relationships within the department, as well as collaborating closely with all other departments in the business.
- Manage direct reports, supporting and nurturing their development.
- Collaborative, flexible, problem solver.
- Creative thinking and innovative ideas.
- Understanding of parenting, how parents engage online and how to best translate our values of family, creativity, innovation and heritage into engaging experiences.
- Alignment with our values and a love of childhood and parenthood are indispensable qualities.
- Knowledge and love of product and the e-commerce landscape.
- Independent creation and successful execution of community-focused marketing campaigns with specific business goals.
- Proficiency with popular content management systems.
- The ability to lead, inspire, and organise large teams of creative personnel and content creators to achieve company's stated goals.
- Effective time management and project management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Extremely well-organised, methodical and efficient, with a good dose of common sense and initiative.
- Knowledge of SEO and web traffic metrics.
- Active interest and knowledge of all social media platforms and awareness of digital developments.
- A love of storytelling and fluent ability to translate this into the media landscape.
- Keen interest and experience dealing with different cultures
- Experience in a similar role
This role is based at our Head Office in Tunbridge Wells, however, due to the current Coronavirus pandemic will require flexibility and some working from home. Childrensalon offers a highly competitive salary, company pension plan, health plan, fully subsidised gym membership, in-house yoga classes, company shuttle, generous holiday allowance and company discount.
If you are interested and think you would thrive in this role, please apply to email@example.com with your CV and covering letter about why you would like to work for us. Previous applicants need not apply.