Senior Production Manager
Who We Are:
NADINE MERABI is Luxury Ready To Wear, treasured and unmistakable pieces to inspire lasting moments. Celebrating details in statement design and empowering those who wear and create our products.
More than ever, we believe that slow is chic; our collections are collectables made to be cherished. Which means refined drops, made with heart by hand, using the finest quality materials and exceptional craftsmanship to last and love for a lifetime.
NADINE MERABI was designed out of necessity and created by a woman with a vision. Nadine Merabi is a self-taught seamstress and businesswoman, driven by the desire to create luxury, forward-thinking and conscious fashion where she saw a space in the industry.
Today their collections are adored by clients, celebrities and dress some of the most influential people in the world. NADINE MERABI has flourished, with an enormous social following and massive global sales growth.
Where the Senior Production Manager Fits:
An exciting opportunity to manage various activities within production development. You’ll be managing the Product & Design team and be responsible to build relationships with suppliers all over the world. You’ll need to get to the core of brand MERABI with a commercial understanding of our market.
You’ll report directly to the Creative Director and Managing Director and be responsible to develop product collections to hit commercial targets and growth plans for the business. Due to the global nature of our brand, you’ll have to have a flexible approach to your working hour times.
You’ll be an important part in driving global sales for the brand through the development of all products and collections.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Leading the product team.
- Leading all supplier relationships to ensure all suppliers meet and maintain delivery, quality and margin expectations.
- Leading all production operations including all critical paths and all product orders.
- Managing the QC for all production orders.
- Managing product development for all styles and collections.
- Attending all fit sessions, offering technical solutions to improve, perfect and proactively improving quality and fit for all our styles.
- Maintaining the production tracker and ensuring we are working to our schedules.
- Managing raw materials for trims/ fabrics.
- Leading all sample development, including approving all final samples prior to production to ensure that products meet business expectations.
- Working closely with our Creative Director, support with all product collections from initial concept to finished product.
- Managing budgets to hit targets working to tight deadlines.
- Keeping up to date with fashion trends with a strong commercial awareness always.
- Analysing data on sales and returns with a commercial mindset always.
- Recruiting, training, developing, leading and motivating the Product team to ensure that the business and segment objectives are met.
- Working with the product team to produce accurate and detailed CAD drawings for sampling.
- Identify new product opportunities to support the growth and expansion of the business.
Skills & Experience
- The successful candidate must be great with people and have great leadership skills
- Full knowledge of the manufacturing process and raw materials to develop samples and ranges effectively and to cost.
- Have a comprehensive understanding of production methods, manufacturing processes and garment construction.
- Production of design specifications suitable for factories to understand.
- Experience of working with the Far East and European countries.
- The ability to produce accurate and detailed spec working drawings.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Excellent commercial awareness with the ability to recognise future trends.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- The confidence ability to make decisions under pressure.
Ideally, we are looking for someone who has:
- 5+ years of proven success at a senior level with a product role in the fashion industry in womenswear.
- 10+ years of fashion design experience.
- Strong experience in leading a product team.
- A strategic and commercial mind-set with the ability to forward plan and find creative solutions.
- The ability to manage multiple projects from concept to launch.
- Experience in travelling to visit manufacturers.
NADINE MERABI is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment, where all of our employees have equal access to opportunities and everyone’s voices are heard. We respect and value all differences (seen and unseen) and strongly encourage applications from all backgrounds, which will be considered regardless of race, colour, religion or belief, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, pregnancy and maternity, disability or age.