Director of Production
JOB SUMMARY As the AREA Director of Production, You will take ownership of the entire Production process - working across teams to ensure creative designs are translated into practical and innovative market ready products that are strategically produced with worldwide specialized manufacturing partners. You are a critical cross-functional leader, pivotal in building aesthetically and quality authentic product while achieving financial goals.
- Ensure execution of all milestones to meet on-time delivery of bulk production
- Manage working seasonal calendar and monitor progress alongside cross-departmental directors and managers in building and implementing milestone deadlines
- Analyze and implement systems to optimize logistics, operations, and timelines across all categories and delivery regions
- Strategically source and allocate groups to worldwide manufacturers, to best realize the company vision as well develop viable product with newness and continuity
- Oversee, develop, and maintain strong relationships with targeted international manufacturing partners for all categories
- Organize and lead all production fittings to address fit issues with creative problem-solving and technicality alongside pattern-makers
- Communicate between design, embroidery and trims, PD departments to move projects smoothly to next steps and ensure a seamless transition from development to production
- Oversee and execute seasonal costing - ensuring margin goals are met or improved throughout production process
- Working alongside finance and merchandising to optimize and strategize seasonal budget alongside projections
- Proactively improve supply chain timelines by implementing processes such as projecting fabric buys prior to market
- Managing and proactively strategizing all budgeting and costing related to production to optimize margins and hit sales targets
- Works closely with the PD and design teams on seasonal offering needs to provide options for components, techniques, and costs that are on brand.
- Sources quality factory and manufacturing options for RTW categories including soft wovens, denim, tailored suiting, knits, and outerwear
- With the team, participates in on-going factory base performance reviews, and recommends improvements to factories, vendor base, and geography
- Aims to instill quality in the product from onset of development through final production.
- Reviews all components with an eye for quality, and performance.
- Flags questionable materials and treatments with PD for performance and compliance to prevent a lapse in production.
- Builds, manages, and flexes calendar to insure timely turnover of final production
- Monitors calendar daily to promote flow of production; apprises and resolves calendar variances with team and management.
- As needed works closely with design and PD to resolve delivery and material issues affecting production.
LEADERSHIP & DEVELOPMENT
- Promote an environment that fosters the respect for the ideas of others and supports ongoing collaboration to execute business strategies.
- Leads by example and operates effectively in the face of continuous pressure imposed by the work environment.
- Drive the department forward through process improvement and best practices.
Education & Prior Experience Needed
- BA/BS degree or equivalent life experience
- Minimum 6 years in product development, sourcing, and/or production
- Strong communication skills verbal and written - gives concise and focused information.
- Strong organizational skills. Ability to access information accurately and readily when needed
- Able to work in a fluid, fast-paced, creative environment.
- Ability to travel as needed
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
AREA Studio LLC is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer and provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicants without regard to an individual’s age, race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) or sexual orientation, gender expression, military status, marital status, genetic predisposition or carrier status, disability or membership in any other protected class under applicable law.