Desmond & Dempsey is a brand dedicated to celebrating life at home. We have started by making really fancy pyjamas. We sell our pyjamas predominantly through our website and in the top retailers around the world (places like Selfridges and Net-a-Porter).
SUMMARY OF THE ROLE
We’re looking for an experienced production manager to own and oversee the strategic planning and day to day management of our supplier network. Reporting to the Head of Product, your role is to ensure that we can continue to bring our seasonal and continuity collections in on time and to the quality standards, our customers expect from D&D. You will also constantly be assessing the capacity of our supply chain. You will oversee all planning and execution or production. The right candidate will be extremely process driven and an excellent problem solver. You’ll be comfortable thinking on your feet, a confident decision-maker and a top-notch communicator. We’re looking for someone who has 3 years of experience in a similar role and is excited to be part of a business that is at a very exciting stage of its growth trajectory and can provide plenty of career opportunities.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
Manage our supplier network:
- Constantly work to assess the capacity and capabilities of our supplier network, planning for future growth and product development to ensure we continue to operate efficiently
- Plan in production proactively to avoid bottlenecks, keeping in mind margins, capacity and quality
- Source new suppliers for both new product and to mitigate risk for existing continuity lines
- Develop great relationships with existing and new suppliers to maintain and improve capacity
- Negotiate and establish payment terms, set up supplier agreements with all new, and existing suppliers where relevant
Own, plan & execute the production process:
- Create, own and manage the production critical path, liaising with factories and suppliers to place PO’s and ensure timely delivery
- Oversee and manage the day to day of the production of seasonal and continuity collections
- Manage and track the production budget, invoices and payments against approved POs
- Own Zedonk, optimising and training the team to use to to it’s best ability
- Solve production issues as they arise and communicate any associated delays and contingency planning to relevant internal teams
- Manage QC, ensuring quality standards are met on all part of the supply chain
- Manage a team of 2 production assistants
- 3 years in a similar role
- Highly organised, process-driven and an excellent communicator
- Multi-talker who works well under pressure
- Strong negotiator comfortable managing multiple supplier relationships
- Good understanding of garment construction and fabric printing
- Experience working in both CMT and Fully Factored / Finished Good production processes
- Extensive day-to-day experience with Zedonk or other PLM software
- Competitive salary
- Good holiday allowance
- Flexible remote working and sleep hours.
- Excellent career opportunities at a fast-growth company
- Fancy Pyjamas forevermore.
- We really care about making great things, whether it's pyjamas, videos or ads. We value and prioritise quality and creativity
- We are a small team (currently 19) but growing quickly, so it’s still got the hands dirty muck in vibe, but lots of opportunities to develop with and in the team.
- We want to see you do well and care about your development.
- We have a really great and motivated team
- Like any other growing business, it is stressful and hectic at times but we don’t take hard work for granted.