Floor Manager - Basement
Full accountability and ownership for leading the Basement store team to drive overall sales and service. Full responsibility, for all managerial duties related to the running of floor with assistance from the Assistant Floor Manager (AFM), and in wider store operations as part of the floor manager team.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
CLIENT & SALES
- Drive and deliver outstanding customer service
- Ensure the very best levels of customer service at all times
- Personally selling, directing and driving sales
- Develop client engagement plans with support from CRM
- Full responsibility for the delivery of yearly, seasonal and weekly financial and sales targets
- Assist in the maintenance and oversight of the digital client book on a floor level and leading good data capture practice with the floor team
- Lead and develop the sales team to ensure their success and growth
- Hold regular probationary and ‘Touch Base’ meetings with staff to discuss sales performance KPIs, skills development and service standards.
- Contribute constructively to team briefs and operational meetings, providing creative solutions and acting on any and all directives in a timely and professional manner.
- Upholding and progressing high standards of service and visual presentation on the floor at all times.
- Work closely with Visual Merchandising and relevant parties to ensure strong Visual Merchandising across all areas and overseeing the maintaining of visual presentation to this high level.
- Enforcing correct and responsible cash handling, store policies and GDPR adherence at all times, taking responsibility for following up with staff and feeding back any errors or infractions to the Store Management Team and relevant Department Heads.
- Assist the Store Management team and other departments leading up to and during store events; hosting and leading the floor sales team during events; assisting in whichever duties are most useful to the overall business; using sales and client data to action pro-active client outreach both personally and from the floor team.
- Arrange correct cover for scheduled deliveries and overseeing the processing of new stock, ensuring best practice and procedure at all times.
- Oversee effective communication between AFM(s), Brand Managers, Merchandise and Stock Control teams to ensure good stock integrity, levels, sell through, delivery and returns.
- Lead the floor Sales Team and relevant Brand Managers in providing pro-active support to Special Projects, Stock Control and Merchandise teams during installations, de-rigs, product launches and associated maintenance activity related to spaces and the floor.
- Enforce the proper maintaining of stock rooms and back of house areas to the highest standards of organisation, and working with the Stock Control team to ensure effective flow of stock in and out of the business.
- Provide feedback to Buying and Merchandising team on customer preferences and needs after collecting relevant information from sales associates and Brand Managers.
- Ensure detailed reporting of daily floor performance and activities, including accurate reporting of sales figures against daily, monthly and seasonal targets.
Required Experience & Skills:
- Previous experience in fast paced luxury retail environments, with strong sales performances and interpersonal skills related (but not limited) to luxury fashion retail.
- Strong leadership experience with a natural team orientation
- Good understanding of KPIs, budgets, sales targets, stock, retail and CRM systems, with the ability to translate important data into sales opportunities.
- Passion for Dover Street Market and Comme des Garcons brands, related brands and activities, and the ability to embody and communicate with enthusiasm the brands’ values and history.
- Informed and up to date with all current fashion trends and market activity to better serve our clientele and aid floor operations.
- Strong clientele experience at a high level with the ability to lead by example at all stages of the sales process. Confidence in sharing knowledge and expertise to assist in the continual development of the floor team.
- A confident, professional and respectful manner in dealing with client feedback and complaints, with a track record of problem-solving and conflict resolution.
- Strong time management, prioritising and delegation skills whilst under pressure.
- A strong personal sales performance equal to individual staff sales targets.
- The consistent achievement of sales targets, successfully capitalising on every opportunity to over-achieve against targets.
- An effective, well-motivated and highly organised floor Sales Team, each individual embodying the core DSM principle of ‘My Floor My Shop’ with a strong sense of ownership, awareness and creative thinking to collectively improve the ‘DSM Experience’ for all visitors.
- The maintenance and improvement of standards of service, presentation and efficacy befitting ‘The Best Store in the World’.