Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.JOB PURPOSE
Burberry is a recognised leader in engaging customers through digital experiences, both online and offline in our retail stores. This role is for a Solution Architect who can research, design and lead the introduction and adoption of new Digital related technologies within Burberry, as well as other areas of the business. The candidate will be expected to be passionate about technology, with an understanding of Luxury Retail trends and how these can be brought together in new and exciting ways.
This role will include, working closely with the global architecture community on aspects of Burberrys personalisation and content technology capabilities to drive our consumers brand experiences across various channels within the business. Co-operating in the development of associated technology platforms and application capabilities, it will require close business engagement and interaction with our delivery project teams, product owners, the VP within the chosen department and our IT Enterprise Architecture team.
The ideal candidate has a recognised background in agile, product-centric technology development, digitally focused solution architecture experience, customer centric functions as well as a good understanding of these capabilities and associated applications. This remains an evolving area for us and will require you to adapt and be creative as changing business demands continue to introduce new capabilities and applications. RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop an evolving Solution Architecture for the Digital Tower Initiatives within Burberry
- Engaging and influencing key stakeholders to ensure Solution addresses both Functional and Non-Functional needs of the business
- Develop an evolving solution architecture for the chosen department's personalisation and content initiatives within Burberry
- Design technical solutions that may span multiple work streams, whilst identifying downstream application dependencies. This role not only owns the solution through to delivery but is also responsible for understanding the wider Burberry application estate.
- Oversee the technical acceptance of agile user stories and ensure the integrity of any proposed solutions across workstreams and associated application architects.
- Identify and exploit the re-use of any components, patterns, techniques and document these for re-use by other projects.
- Establish and direct proof of concepts in innovation and make recommendations on technology adoption.
- Work with the Security and Information Risk functions to ensure any solution meet the needs of our security standards and principles.
- Ability to understand complex technical processes/challenges and create pragmatic solutions is critical to success in this position.
- Strong interpersonal skills enabling the ability to comfortably communicate with key stakeholders, including senior business leaders, product owners, project managers and business analysts.
- Practical experience of delivering change in a global, fast-moving, multi-vendor environment supported by an agile delivery framework.
- Previous experience in this space, preferably with a leading and innovating retailer.
- Recognised expertise in digital consumer and marketing technologies, demonstrating the ability to put forward relevant knowledge of architectural patterns, technology components and vendor products preferably within a luxury or related retail industry.
- Experience within an architecture team where you have developed solutions aligned with an overarching strategy.
- Demonstrated relevant technical knowledge in at least two digital competencies from a domain that covers Decisioning, Recommendations, Personalisation, Content Management and Digital Asset Management.
- A good understanding of how to derive complex digital solutions for a truly global business where the customer experience is seamless across multiple channels, including retail store interactions.
- Experience of providing leadership and guidance to peers and more junior members of the team.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || London || IT || DIGITAL || n/a ||