Senior Director, Advertising/Brand Partnerships
HODINKEE is a fast-growing media brand and shop that makes watches accessible to everyone. Over the past decade, founder Ben Clymer has grown HODINKEE into a thriving company of creatives. Our team now consists of writers, editors, designers, photographers, podcasters, engineers, and so many other key players who cement HODINKEE’s position as the most trusted source for watch news and products. We have a website. An app. A podcast. A magazine. A retail business. And more. HODINKEE’s goal is to bring readers and consumers the best in wristwatches in a way that’s approachable, authentic, honest and fun.
What You'll Do
Responsible for delivering and exceeding commercial revenue targets for the Brand Partnerships division; defining and overseeing the Brand Partnerships toolkit from media sales to sponsorships and Co-op advertising. Must be a digital expert with a deep knowledge and understanding of the dynamics of luxury. Devise a sales strategy which includes growth areas, business development opportunities, and new channels. Managing an experienced Brand Partnerships team, and help nurture top tier accounts and client relationships. This role directly reports to the Chief Marketing Officer.
In this role, you will...
- Lead HODINKEE’s Brand Partnerships offering to commercial, advertising, and integrated marketing partners to ensure innovative, best-in-class solutions are delivered and seamlessly executed upon
- Develop a framework for Brand Partnerships that spans partner categories and offerings as part of the division’s selling toolkit
- Accountable for meeting and exceeding yearly commercial revenue targets for Brand Partnerships
- Manage top tier client accounts directly with team support
- Responsible for translating sales goals into a client-centric sales strategy and operating plan, i.e. identifying key accounts and targets, assigning targets to account executives, developing key messages and programs to clients.
- Maximize business growth with core endemic luxury watch partners
- Drive new business opportunities with non-endemic partners
- Nurture top-level relationships with key accounts across endemic and on-endemic lists and supporting the sales team on critical discussions and negotiations with senior level clients
- Develop new and emerging advertising platforms and opportunities, i.e., YouTube, Social, Sponsorships, Print, App/Mobile, Offline, Community, Creator, etc.
- Synch up Co-op offering to commercial partners as part of the Brand Partnerships proposition, develop runway for long-term relationship building
- Establish guidelines around opportunity access, i.e., minimum spends, commitments, program offerings and commercial exchanges.
- Ensure that all client-facing presentation materials keenly articulate and express the value of the HODINKEE audience, brand, and marketing capabilities
- Collaborate with Marketing team to gain more information about the customer and site visitor, through survey panels, research, and behavioral trends
- Serve as a brand custodian, keep the HODINKEE brand uncompromised through the production and execution process
- Provide guidance to internal sales teams and advertisers on the optimal product mix / solution to achieve campaign objectives
- Help the Brand Partnerships team translate clients' campaign objectives to ensure successful execution and delivery of campaigns
- Continue to enhance Custom Content capabilities while also managing bandwidth and deliverability
- Work cross-functionally with Marketing, Merchandising, and Creative scaffold clear processes and working relationships
- Keep a strong and healthy relationship with Editorial team to build sponsorship opportunities on key tentpole projects and other budding ideas
- Establish a clear reporting framework for Brand Partnerships including status reports (RFP to IO), booked business vs. leads, forecasted revenue; align regularly with CMO + Finance
- Develop a close and trust-built relationship with CMO
- Demonstrate a successful track record in closing large, complex, and custom advertising partnerships with Fortune 500 clients and key stakeholders at their agencies
Who You Are
- Collaborative leader; problem-solver, analytical and creative
- Organized, process driven, proactive, and a self-starter
- Track record in closing large, complex, and custom advertising partnerships
- Expert at creative thinking to navigate tremendous growth opportunities
- Experience and acute understanding of the luxury space
- Brand guardian with a client-centric attitude
- Good at managing expectations when necessary
- A great manager and hands on coach
- Positive outlook and calm disposition
- Aims to overdeliver
Skills & Experience
- 8-10+ years in online media, ad sales or advertising agency experience
- Track record of launching new channels, new ad products, and new sponsorship opportunities
- Experience with managing a high performing team of integrated sales reps
- Deep expertise on how to navigate structuring and closing pitches
- Experience working in content and commerce a plus
- IAB Sales Certification preferred
- Familiarity with Google DFP
- Job is based in New York with opportunity to travel
- Candidates must possess authorization to work in the U.S.
HODINKEE is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace and strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds and walks of life.