Creative Content Creator & Producer
Creative Content Creator & Producer
You will spend your days coordinating and managing all photo shoots for Orseund Iris’s website and social platforms. You will also be regularly capturing and editing behind-the-scenes iPhone photos and videos for Orseund Iris and Lana Johnson’s (designer & founder) social media platforms.
You will also be working to develop and upkeep an organized system for all website and social media content to facilitate a seamless selects process. This position will report directly to the Brand Art Director and work cross functionally with the Social Media & PR Manager and E-Commerce Manager.
Role & Responsibilities
- Capture and edit elevated, social-worthy iPhone photos and videos for Orseund Iris & Lana Johnson's social platforms including:
- Orseund Iris Website
- Orseund Iris Newsletter
- Instagram Feed, Stories, Highlights, Reels, TikToks, Red Book, WeChat, etc.
- Directs and produces all editorial and micro-photo shoots for the brand under the creative vision of Lana Johnson, owner and founder of Orseund Iris.
- Coordinate shoot projects with the Founder & Creative Director, Brand Art Director and Social Media Marketing Manager.
- Works with accounts payable to make sure all models, influencers and expenses are paid in a timely fashion.
- Responsible for assisting in the planning of pre and post production of all shoots, which includes creating an organized system to easily track photos and videos.
- Edit photos and videos for E-Comm & Social.
You are and remain…
- An expert at capturing high performing photo and video content with an iPhone
- Independent and can work well on your own
- Experienced on set and represents Orseund Iris in a professional manner
- Flexible and can adapt quickly to any changes that may arise on or around the shoot date
- Organized with budget tracking and time management
You will manage and oversee...
- Taking daily/weekly iPhone photos and videos for Orseund Iris & Lana Johnson’s social media handles. You are comfortable creating iPhone content on the fly.
- Editing photos and videos for social and e-comm.
- Developing and maintaining an organized system for all content in Dropbox.
- Develop a calendar to help move production samples to content and social media so that there is more time to create amazing content on a daily basis.
- Meets with Lana and the team for a creative brief before each shoot. Takes notes and brainstorms to assist in making the shoot communicate the mood desired by Lana.
- Communicating all invoices that need to be paid with accounts payable and in-house legal for contracts/agreements.
- Create and track a budget while working with accounts payable to ensure that everyone on the team is paid in a timely fashion. This also includes freelancers and professionals hired for the shoot.
- Scouts and hires models and influencers and secures locations for each shoot. Negotiates best rates with models and location owners to stay within the shoot budget.
- Organizes the entire shot list, the assistants and associates who will be needed on set, directing them to their roles and responsibilities.
- Plans and manages the schedule and all tools and equipment needed for the shoot, renting and buying items when needed and within budget.
- Sorting, packing and being able to work all equipment including cameras, laptops, iPads, monitors, lighting and props for the shoot. Responsible for setting up and breaking down the shoot in the most professional manner. Sorting, packing, steaming all styles to be included in the shoot with the help of an assistant, but also ready to do “whatever it takes” to get the very best content.
- Borrowing, loaning or purchasing accessories (from head-to-toe) with a plan for each look as per Lana’s vision.
- Organizing the makeup, hair and other professionals needed on the shoot for the models and influencers.
- Selecting and ordering food & beverage catering for everyone on set.
Your performance will be based on the balance of capturing compelling iPhone content, coordinating photoshoots, and organizing the Orseund Iris Dropbox Library.
Your success in this role will be measured by-
- Creating and organizing Orseund Iris Content Library on Dropbox by Style, Color, and Size.
- Increasing our social media engagement, through creating top performing iPhone content on a daily basis.
- Finding cost efficiencies ensuring we stay on or under budget without sacrificing content quality.
- Ability to track budgets and pay invoices in a timely fashion.
- Build strong relationships with photographers, stylists, models, and other industry professionals to create a go-to-network for Orseund Iris.
- US work authorization (Required).
- 2-6 years of Content Creation and Production Experience with a Fashion, Beauty or Lifestyle brand.
- Highly organized and can build a library system to house all photos and videos.
- Familiar with Dropbox and all its features to optimize usage.
- Must be highly organized and extremely detail oriented as you will be responsible for meeting deadlines, delivering timely payments, and being mindful of every production/ content detail.
- Understands what type of content works on all social media platforms and can independently shoot and video on an iPhone and a DLSR camera like a professional.
- Can set up lighting and tech to ensure a smooth shoot with no issues.
- You have the ability to work alone, take control and diplomatically make everyone feel at ease and ready to produce amazing content.
- Directs the team well so the social media manager can capture the best BTS content and all assistants know precisely what is expected of them before, during and after the shoot.
- You have an eye for the Orseund Iris aesthetic and can interpret Lana’s vision into something aspirational and inspirational.
- Proficient on the basic design platforms (such as Photoshop, ie. Canva and Adobe Premiere video editing software.)
- Access to Orseund Iris Dropbox
- Orseund Iris Content iPhone
- Camera, TriPod, Gimbal, Lighting, etc
- Google Sheets for budgeting
- An option to enroll in Health, Dental, Vision Benefits
- An option to participate in a 401K plan
- 7 paid vacation days per year
- 5 paid sick/personal days per year
- 5 hours of paid volunteer time per month
- $75 towards fitness membership/classes per month
- $127 in commuter benefits per month
- $2,400 in trade at wholesale for OI styles per year
- A hybrid remote/studio schedule.
- Full-time position based in our studio in Bushwick (Brooklyn, NY)