Cloud Programme Delivery Lead (FTC)
- Leeds, United Kingdom
- Closing date
- 10 Jan 2022
Founded in 1856 by Thomas Burberry, Burberry is a global luxury brand with a distinctly British attitude. We are a global business with an extensive network of both owned and franchised stores across EMEIA, Asia Pacific and Americas. We are digital pioneers, and innovative technology underpins every aspect of our business, from product design to distribution and marketing. We believe that modern luxury means being socially and environmentally responsible; this mindset is core to our business and key to our long-term success.
We are further developing our ability to deliver cloud infrastructure services and migrating our primary and secondary datacentres into the Cloud. We need a delivery lead who can run this year-long transformational programme of work, to a successful outcome.
The Cloud Programme Delivery Lead is expected to manage resources and selected partners across several streams of work to deliver the outcomes we require, within budget and to a high standard. They will own engagement with senior stakeholders, to align transformation outcomes, minimise business impact and enable service transition for the planned delivery, ultimately meeting Burberry defined objectives.
The role will report to a VP-level steerco and retain visibility at the CIO and senior leadership level within Burberry.
*This is a Fixed Term Contract role.
- Deliver the migration of datacentre services into hyper-scaler cloud solutions, such as Azure & AWS.
- Deliver the foundational elements of our cloud strategy to enable this migration and future evolution of cloud services.
- Lead the work to define project scope, goals and deliverables, ensuring the engagement and management selected delivery partners to achieve the core objectives around migration and cloud transformation.
- Engage IT Management and other relevant stakeholders to establish programme vision, sponsorship, and governance and reporting processes, whilst providing high-quality consultation on the programmes' opportunities.
- Establish a delivery structure and team to support the programme delivery and meet the needs of the Burberry Project Management Lifecycle (PMLC).
- Manage the relationship with the chosen key partner, as it relates to their delivery objectives, troubleshooting and tracking their ability to meet commitments.
- Create a framework for cross-project collaboration within the programme and ensure adherence to the framework.
- Create and maintain accurate programme-wide Risk / Assumption / Issues / Dependencies (RAID) log and ensure that the relevant parties are involved in addressing each factor.
- Provide leadership and decision-making support to the Project Managers, and handle project governance escalations as necessary.
- Enable service transition to relevant parties for ongoing operation of the solution.
- Experience of delivering large, critically important infrastructure projects.
- Experience of broad stakeholder management in dynamic environments.
- Experience of delivering into cloud hyper-scalers, with a preference for those with familiarity of DC migration challenges in similar global, 24x7 industries.
- Knowledge of cloud infrastructure and aspects such as security, monitoring and networking requirements.
- Experience using MS Project to complete programme and project management activities.
- Experience using SAP, Apptio, Workfront, Ariba, Confluence or Jira.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to convey information succinctly and concisely.
- Strong understanding of programme and project management principles, terminology, key success factors, and methodologies.
- Ability to diagnose and remedy poor programme and project management practices.
- Strong track record of on-time, on-budget and to-specification delivery of programmes and projects.
- Ability to manage Agile and Non-Agile programmes and projects as required by the workstream outcomes.
Burberry is an Equal Opportunities Employer and as such, treats all applications equally and recruits purely on the basis of skills and experience.
Posting Notes: United Kingdom || Not Applicable || Leeds || IT || ENTERPRISE ARCHITECTURE & ICS DELIVERY || n/a ||
Founded in 1856, Burberry today remains quintessentially British, with outerwear at its core. Digital luxury positioning and intensive focus on design innovation, quality and heritage icons of the trench coat, trademark check and Prorsum knight, ensure continued brand purity and relevance globally across genders and generations.
At Burberry, every individual, every team and every function, shares an incredible passion for the brand and is guided by a ‘brand-first’ mind-set. Decisions are evaluated through the lens of the long-term health and vitality of the Burberry brand.
Burberry believes that in order to be a great brand it must also be a great company. Inspired by three Core Values - Protect, Explore, Inspire - rooted in the brand’s heritage and continually informing its guiding principles, Burberry leverages its compassionate and creative thinking culture to continually innovate and drive the brand forward.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert