Head of Ecommerce
Working closely with the Head of Development & Integration, the Head of Ecommerce will lead and accelerate the growth of our online business on an international scale.
You will be responsible for digital strategy, the continual development of Strathberry’s Ecommerce platforms and managing the daily Ecommerce operations.
The successful candidate’s time will be split broadly 50:50 between digital media & Ecommerce. All your efforts will need to have a very strong revenue orientation. We are seeking a very hands-on, tactical Ecommerce expert who can articulate and execute solid digital strategies to drive serious revenue growth.
Key Objectives and Responsibilities
- Establish strategic priorities and growth plans, with a multi-year vision, across all Ecommerce platforms
- Lead and report upon KPIs and web analytics for the Ecommerce business, including conversion rate, AOV and traffic growth.
- Structure the team to assess, manage and build the best possible user journeys from advertising through to checkout, and post-purchase customer engagement
- Analyse and optimise the customer journey from both a visual and data-driven perspective
- Identify opportunities to upsell and cross-sell in innovative ways through on-site user journeys and pre/post-purchase CRM flows.
- Guide our UX designers to deliver brand specific user experiences that maximise the value for our visitors and ultimately increase sales and brand engagement
- Work with Finance and the Executive Team to build annual and monthly financial growth plans and budgets
- Identify and analyse new opportunities for the brand across all digital channels, with clear KPIs to ensure sustainable growth of the business and safeguard ROI and margin levels
- Build business strategies and implement shorter-term tactical plans that are cost-effective, efficient and realistic
- Remain abreast of trends and new technologies within the Ecommerce landscape and luxury fashion industry, remaining agile to respond effectively to opportunities in the market and adapting plans as required
- Lead and develop the Ecommerce team, including digital marketing, paid social and affiliates, to drive collaborative working, create strong morale and optimize performance
- Work across teams to effectively engage and align all available resources and stakeholders to meet the company goals, including:
- with the Head of Development and the wider Digital team to optimize site experience and drive conversion
- with the Merchandising team, to oversee online buying, site merchandising, demand planning and digital marketing to achieve the sales target
- with the Retail teams to create synergies between online and brick-and-mortar stores and ensure the customer experiences, including promotions, are aligned
- with the Marketing, Customer Service and Operations teams in relation to ecommerce activities that impact operations and fulfillment
- Minimum of 6 years' experience of hands-on Ecommerce experience within luxury brand / retail industry
- Minimum of 2 years’ senior management experience
- Degree or other relevant qualification within a Business, Ecommerce or Marketing-related discipline is a plus
- Experience within a fast-growing brand is a plus
- Demonstrate consistent ability to drive financial results and goals
- Strong business acumen and analytical skills, with a clear understanding of financial measurements and how to assess them, ensuring that sustainable ROI and margin levels are achieved
- Excellent written and verbal communication, including presentation skills
- Strong leadership ability in inspiring and motivating a cross-functional, high impact team
- Excellent interpersonal skills; able to work with stakeholders at all levels and across the organisation, building rapport and developing constructive and effective relationships
- Strong adaptability in the face of changing priorities within a dynamic environment
- Experience in managing external partners and business development projects, involving multiple timelines and internal and external stakeholders
- Able to foster formal and informal relationship networks
Founded in 2013, Strathberry has quickly developed into one of the fastest growing and most exciting luxury fashions brands in the UK. Placed 16th on the most recent Sunday Times Fast Track 100, the brand now has a level of international awareness to enable the ambitious and talented team to achieve the next growth stage, with an aspiration to quadruple brand turnover by 2025.