The role of Product Assistant at Molly Goddard is to support the implementation of the product development and production critical path from design to final delivery season to season, to help ensure product is delivered on time and to the highest quality standards in line with margin requirements.
1) Order materials, trims and other items as requested by the Product Manager to meet sampling and production requirements.
2) Create and maintain a seasonal fabric and trim document and track all orders to ensure they are delivered in line with forecast delivery dates. Flag any issues or delays with the Product Manager in a timely manner.
3) Maintain an inventory of all carry over raw materials, trims and packaging and re-order supplies as required ensuring that stock of critical supplies do not run out.
4) Set up and maintain seasonal Range Grids and input all fabric, colourway, pricing and other relevant information ensuring it is accurate, current and complete.
5) Update the Production Schedule as directed by the Product Manager and input information into Zedonk as required.
6) Arrange and control all incoming and outgoing Studio deliveries. Maintain accurate records of any fabric that is in the Studio and any remaining stock that is needed for
7) Complete the necessary documentation for shipping samples and fabrics to vendors ensuring that the Harmony codes are accurate.
8) Set up seasonal Tech Packs ensuring garment measurements, patterns, photos and all other critical information are accurate and complete. Ensure information relating to product faults is also documented.
9) Attend and take notes at fitting and grading sessions season to season and ensure that notes are accurate. Update all relevant documentation accordingly post meeting.
10) Create and maintain seasonal grading sheets with style data and grade rules, liaise with the grading supplier on the progress of all graded patterns to ensure their timely delivery. Update the production team on their progress, as necessary.
11) Update and maintain the Supplier Database with all relevant contacts, information and account details.
12) Create seasonal CAD specification drawings and mock-up colour print and technical ideas to support the design and production process and as requested by the Product Manager.
13) Assist the Head of Product and Product Manager with the Production review and handover process, as required.
14) Review all prototypes and out of house production samples to ensure they meet quality requirements. Document and report any faults that have been identified to the Product Manager, as necessary.
15) Accompany the Head of Product and/or Product Manager on supplier visits as and when required.
16) Liaise with the company’s PR agency and the team on Press requests, despatch as required and ensure the sample tracker is maintained. Ensure proper control of samples leaving and being returned to the Studio is maintained at all times.
17) Set up, where required and maintain document filing systems for the Studio ensuring that information Is filed electronically in an orderly and logical fashion and is readily accessible to the team. Communicate with the team as appropriate to ensure this is achieved.
18) Maintain housekeeping standards in the Studio which will include filing away fabric headers/ trials and knit cards, keeping inventory tidy and organised and storing sample product securely.
19) Provide weekly updates to the Product Manager on any issues you are aware of that may impact the critical path. Make suggestions to resolve any issues that arise to ensure the critical path remains on track.
20) Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the trends and opportunities within luxury women’s and men’s wear in order to add value to the product development and production processes and improve sales.
17) Build and maintain effective and productive working relationships with colleagues, clients and third parties and support the company’s values.
18) Complete any ad-hoc tasks that may be necessary from time to time to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the production process.
Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree is preferred.
- Experience working with a niche luxury brand in a similar role is essential.
- Understanding of product development and production processes and fabric development.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written.
- Proficient user of Zedonk.
- Experienced user of Microsoft Office applications including competence in Excel. Also, Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator and InDesign.
- Able to travel within the UK and abroad, if required.
- Produces high quality and accurate work that they routinely sense check. Sets, works to and maintains high operational standards and is highly detail focused.
- An excellent team player. Is calm under pressure and flexible enough to support the changing needs of the business, when required.
- Highly organised and manages routine processes effectively.
- Builds trust and retains the trust of others. Promotes honesty and openness in their dealings with others.
- Anticipates issues, identifies solutions and works with the team to resolve them.
- A team player who works collaboratively with ‘can do’ mentality and is proactive.
- Customer focused – anticipates the requirements of the customer (whether they be internal or external) and meets those needs in a timely manner.
- Manages own workload effectively, delivers against own commitments and follows through on tasks to completion in a timely manner.
- Manages competing and conflicting priorities effectively, is calm under pressure and reprioritises own work to ensure deadlines are met.
- Strong connection with the brand’s identity.
- Professional, discreet (is trusted with confidential and commercial sensitive information) and well presented.
Please note this is a 1-year fixed term contract with the potential to extend. Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom.