Quality Control Assistant
Dreamwear is an industry leading creator of top quality, fashion-forward intimate apparel, shapewear and sleepwear. We own, license, and manage a diverse portfolio of brands that share our passion for quality, comfort, and trend, such as Danskin, Nautica, Juicy Couture, Marilyn Monroe, XOXO. We are looking to hire a part-time Quality Control Assistant to collaborate with Technical Designers and Product Development to review and inspect production garments.
For the right candidate, this role has the potential to become full-time but for now, we are seeking someone who has flexible can work 3 days per week, 24-30hrs. The days will be Monday, Tuesday and either Thursday or Friday, depending on shipments. We can be flexible on schedule, but ideally someone who can work most afternoons would be preferred. Please review the daily responsibilities and answer the questions below.
- Directly responsible for garment measurements that include but are not limited to measurements for bras, panties, tops and bottoms in seamless, shapewear and sleepwear
- Responsible to review garment constructions/workmanships, color name/code, hanger appeals, price tickets and care labels
- Send all related comments to factories in a timely matter to avoid delivery delays
- Track production samples arrival from the factory to ensure deliveries are met
- Assist technical team in creation of tech packs and maintenance of all fit notes and samples when needed
- 0-1 year of prior experience in Technical design or fashion
- Self-starter with ability to complete given assignments independently
- Great attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills
- Team player with ability to multi-task, strong communication skills and necessary follow through
- Proficient in Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Work, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and File Make
- Degree in patternmaking or technical design is preferred