Product Development Assistant
Dreamwear is an industry leading creator of top quality, fashion-forward intimate apparel, shape-wear and sleepwear. We own, license and manage a diverse portfolio of brands that share our passion for quality, comfort and trend.
We are seeking a skilled Part-Time Product Development Assistant or Intern, (potential to become Full-Time in the Summer, or sooner, for the right candidate).
Our ideal candidate will be a detailed oriented individual with excellent communication and project coordination skills. The Product Development Assistant contributes to the development and production process by assisting in the placement, execution and follow-up of manufacturing orders and by ensuring the timely delivery of such goods.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Take initiative & familiarize yourself with company categories/styles, current and previous
- Open and distribute packages from factories
- Distribute and sign in new fit samples to fit department, showing fit samples to PD and Design
- Attend fittings to familiarize yourself with managing and costing aspects of the fit in order to educate yourself on how garment fit/fabrics/styling/etc affect price and delivery
- Send lab dips, strike off, & PP comments to the factories if needed, enter into product maintenance screen for each PO, and file into books
- Send new order CADs to sales/design/PD teams as directed to by PD person
- Process all data entry into our production management system, including style set-up, and creating and maintaining purchase orders to the factory.
- Work with Graphics on updating hangtags/call outs/hangers/photos/packing methods as needed based on direction given to you by PD person
- Help prepare for customer and market appointments by preparing samples, requesting samples from factories, and putting them back after
- Help maintain customer closet for all brands as well as category sample racks as needed
- Be flexible to work on special/rush projects as needed; Must be available to work at least 3 days in the office, up to 20 hours a week: please include your schedule of availability below
- Bachelor’s degree in Fashion Business or Merchandising preferred. Specific focus in Product Development is a plus
- 0-1 years relevant experience
- Team player with the ability to handle fast-paced work environment
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines and multi-task
- Strong communication, time management, and presentation skills
- Strong computer skills - MS Excel, MS Word, and MS Outlook
* This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The responsibilities can be changed orally or in writing at any time by the discretion of management.