Senior Print Designer (Textiles)
Dreamwear is an industry leading creator of top quality, fashion-forward intimate apparel, shapewear and sleepwear. We own, license and manage a diverse portfolio of brands that share our passion for quality, comfort and trend. We are seeking a Senior Print Designer to work on our Missy brands team, and manage 1-2 junior designers.
This person will be expected to recommend a visual representation of the concept for all new projects, and communicate the objectives both orally and visually. He or she will help guide the team to creating a sophisticated and traditional product, applying the values and aesthetics of the brand to create patterns that are rich in floral prints. Additionally, the Senior Print Designer will be expected to manage all project-related tasks, customer and/or team meetings and coordinate working directly with the brand designers as needed.
Our ideal candidate is someone with an eye for feminine design, with experience on both daywear & sleep/loungewear, who is able to coach and mentor new talent. Additionally, he or she need to adhere to these following job responsibilities:
- Oversee, manage & mentor team of 2 print designers, gatekeeping and allocating workload according to company objectives & deadlines
- Develop original artwork from concept through pre-production within factory constraints - excellent hand painting skills required
- Work on & oversee making prints production ready - excellent photoshop & technical skills required
- Maintain a working knowledge of factory-ready artwork and repeats
- Collaborate with Designers to create original prints and graphics in a fast-paced environment
- Work closely with Design team to set deadlines and ensure timely presentation of artwork
- Communicate effectively with cross-functional partners to execute artwork & manage expectations
- Research emerging print/graphic concepts and trends for inspiration
- Anticipate brand growth and recruit, retain, and develop talent appropriately
- Create job aides and processes to effectively onboard new designers
- Proactively foster collaboration and growth within the team through strategic research and suggestions for best practices.
- 5+ years of experience in textile design
- Degree in Textile Design or related field
- Must have strong, illustrative hand and painting skills - specifically florals
- Traditional to contemporary hand preferred
- Strong knowledge and application of Illustrator and Photoshop for textile design
- Ability to prioritize and manage deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Motivated self-starter with a desire to mentor, grow and learn
- Ideal candidate is passionate about print design, with a great eye for color, design, and trend
* This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The responsibilities can be changed orally or in writing at any time by the discretion of management.