Popshop Live is a live streaming commerce marketplace that empowers sellers to go live and sell their products to an engaged community of customers. We built an immersive and engaging shopping experience on Popshop Live, found product/market/fit, and are looking to scale the team. We are backed by Silicon Valley's best investors and are looking to take on the world. Come join us and help scale Popshop Live into the next big shopping innovation.
- Passionate about product and relationship building.
- Analytical, able to blend intuition with data to tell the story behind the numbers.
- Praised for excellent communication skills. Confident talking on the phone, and via Zoom.
- Highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Confident in suggesting calculated risks.
- Interested in start ups, retail and tech.
- Organized and self-sufficient.
- Low ego, high passion!
- Well-connected to brands, influencers or have deep relationships with stores in a category.
Overall responsibility for delivering against the seller vision for PSL to help deliver against our strategic objectives to build an authoritative portfolio of sellers that support our product proposition and focus categories while driving sales and revenue and minimising churn.
You will embody passion for all things unique and brand differentiating. We will look to you as the category expert. You will be the go-to for your category insight, seller insight, competitor activity, range opportunities and trends across product, social media and marketing. You will be responsible for bringing existing relationships across to PSL, as well as building new ones.
You will oversee and nurture relationships with your category’s sellers, in particular those that are high value, high potential and well established to drive profitable growth at PSL. You will demonstrate a clear vision and strategic approach to seller development through effective relationship management, commercial acumen and excellent communication.
Success will be measured through sales, revenue, category consideration, seller growth, seller engagement and retention.
Reporting to Head of Commerce.
- 5+ years experience working in range building of product; in an e-commerce environment, ideally in a Buying role.
- A strong network of existing relationships within the community, as well as the drive to build and nurture new relationships.
- Impeccable understanding of product, marketing and business trends, customer profiling and the lifecycle of a product.
- Commercially aware and customer focused.
- Impeccable eye for detail to support category densification.
- Clear understanding of business growth strategies, relationship management and the worlds of both small and enterprise level businesses - understanding the opportunities and challenges that this presents.
- Highly responsive with the ability to multi-task and adapt to a fast trading environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills (written, verbal and visual).
- Ability to demonstrate knowledge and a passion for our product, sellers and brand.
- Good judgement and decision making skills.
- Professional outlook to inspire the team and build relationships internally to drive collaboration.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Strategically lead the launch and continued expansion of your category.
- Continuously deliver new strategies to surprise and delight our customers.
- Develop the playbook for delivery against GMV growth and retention goals within your category.
- Support and inform marketing channel activity through excellent seller and product selection; working in collaboration with the other Category Managers to ensure on-brief curation that reinforces our brand proposition and channel objectives.
- Helping design and execute on events and conventions relating to your category.
- Manage all charitable initiatives, platform wide.
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT + SELLER RELATIONSHIP MANAGEMENT
- Identify and bring forward key strategic commercial partnership opportunities within your category.
- Manage these tier 1 commercial partners, delivery against targets.
- Instinctively be able to spot sellers and products with high potential; supporting your instincts with category and consumer insights.
- Inspire our community of sellers to develop or showcase authoritative product ranges and design engaging show formats through effective briefings, insight provision and identification of gaps & opportunities - underpinned by an acute understanding of customer demand. Future proofing your seller portfolio and driving expansion and GMV growth at pace.
- Achieve revenue targets associated with marketing campaigns (eg. events) through commercial product curation and range architecture.
- Use impeccable commercial acumen to potentialise sellers’ businesses, with first class insights to devise and implement appropriate growth strategies for their individual needs and mitigate risk for PSL
- Drive engagement and profitable growth of high value and high potential sellers through the creation and implementation of tailored contact strategies to meet category and business objectives.
CROSS DEPARTMENT COLLABORATION
- Operate as an ambassador and senior level Influencer to drive collaboration with internal stakeholders including:
- Product + Production: drive awareness of the needs of our sellers to support success of our strategic business objectives.
- Sales: blend data and intuition to spot gaps and opportunities to support and inform the Sales team strategy.
- Drive awareness of your category range offering throughout the business, working closely with Marketing and PR functions to gain buy-in and traction.