Head of Operations/Production
Since it launched at London Fashion Week in 2005, Roksanda has evolved an unmistakable woman-centered design aesthetic. Sophisticated and feminine yet playful and effortless, its iconic ready-to-wear and accessories are instantly recognizable to the burgeoning community of international customers who enjoy them for their contemporary distinct impact and enduring appeal.
Today the label is stocked in over 40 countries worldwide, offering women’s ready-to-wear and bags. Designing from her London studio Roksanda uses the finest materials and craftsmanship, producing her goods in the UK, France and Italy.
Roksanda is committed to championing the work of female artists and designers working in other disciplines. Her regular participation in the art world has led to landmark collaborations with eminent organisations such as the Josef and Anni Albers Foundation and Studio Voltaire.
In 2014, ROKSANDA opened its first shop at 9 Mount Street in Mayfair, London. The shop designed in collaboration with architect David Adjaye OBE to create a vivacious shopping destination showcasing Ilincic flair for contrasting bold colours, unexpected textures and luxury materials.
Today, ROKSANDA continues to push the boundaries in design and growing a larger international footprint.
Reporting to the CEO, Head of Operations/Production will be responsible for ensuring efficient operations across Supply Chain, Logistics, E-commerce and Operations.
The role will be a senior leadership position within the company and expected to provide strategic direction, to continuously improve operational efficiency and quality.
- Lead and manage production and operations.
- Continuously review the strategy of the department to allow ROKSANDA to be competitive in the market in regards to deliveries, cost and quality.
- Seasonal budget and margin forecasting for cash flow
- Communicate weekly delivery schedule to the business – ensuring targets are met. Run weekly meetings to ensure coherence across sales, logistics and finance teams.
- Establish seasonal production budget – fabrics, trims, courier, PPS, pattern and grading. Management of the production budget throughout the season - ensuring this is adhered to across all categories.
- To price the collection and make the first edit before market, in collaboration with sales, merch and design
- To oversee and monitor regularly the overall gross margin
- Allocate styles to manufacturers, estimate and negotiate all make costs and payment terms
- To monitor the overheads to ensure they are kept to the minimum (courier, fabric overbuy, packaging, shipments…)
- Maintain Zedonk and offline reports: make costs, rating changes, movement with raw material
- Reconcile invoices from manufacturers, mills and suppliers – track payment priority
- Supporting team to find rapid solutions to time sensitive production issues.
- Update sales reports – sales margins, gross profit
- End of season analysis for sales, finance, merch and logistics
- To review production planning and report shipment schedule to the business on a weekly basis
- To manage the VIP and bespoke requests from Mount street.
- Manage production manager and senior garment technologist
- Work with team to provide technical solutions and monitor quality of product
- Work with team to communicate deadlines and monitor production progress – ensuring on time production delivery
- Workflow planning across the production team.
- Implementing new processes/strategies/ways of working within the production and technical team
- Creating and finding solutions/ new ways of operating to improve the workflow from PD to production
- Communicating deadlines and working with development to ensure smooth handover
- Communicate delays or changes as necessary to sales/logistics
- To organise production handover and prepare the challenge list of sales and design feedback/amendments
- Visiting factories to check workflow, issues and build relationships, negotiating payment terms and improving delivery time.
- Source new suppliers, negotiating payment terms
- Working closely with suppliers and factories to find solutions to any issues
- Continuously reviewing performance of all suppliers and factories – taking action as necessary.
- Ensure PPS and bulk dockets are sent out in a timely manner, in accordance with Critical Path.
- Purchase and distribute all raw materials for bulk production
- Follow all raw material deliveries and negotiate lead time
- To regularly check the greige level of our core fabrics, to ensure a minimum stock is always available for urgent orders and potential capsules
- To ensure the full fabric stock is accurate and is being used in the most efficient way
- At the point of Design handover work with Head of Product Development to ensure suitable sampling allocation
- Work with PD at an early stage to propose garment engineering and supplier negotiation to improve/reach target margin.
- Ensure smooth and clear communication between the Product Development team and the Production team to guarantee a perfect handover of each product
- Work with PD team to ensure the accurate upload of information into Zedonk & provide deadlines.
- To oversee and monitor the stock level of the packaging (carrier bags, garment bags, any packaging needed for the business)
- Working across the company to understand the operational requirements of the business as it relates to direct responsibilities. Ensuring appropriate solutions are in place to optimise quality, cost and timeline.
- Working with Merchandising, Sales, Design and Development on margin development of product intake, optimizing sample process and associated costs.
- Drive ROKSANDA’s sustainability strategy – working across departments to ensure long term and short term goals are met
- Ensure continuous development of the sustainability strategy
- Work with wholesale partners to understand sustainability classifications
- Ensure comms strategy is in place to support sustainability manifesto
- Ensure suitable sustainability classification is received from suppliers
- Oversee the development of new labelling to identify sustainable product
We are looking for someone who is a dynamic leader and likes working in an environment where taking initiative is not only valued but is expected.
You’ll be a proven great Senior Production/Operations manager and you’ll also have a love of the ROKSANDA brand. We embrace people who challenge convention and think strategically whilst also operating at a tactical level, driving implementation. Above all else you will be a great team player, you’ll leave your ego at the door and you’ll be fun to work with.
The ideal candidate will have:
● 5+ years leading a high performance operations/production department
● A natural and established understanding of luxury product.
● Commercial and negotiation excellence.
● Demonstrated excellent ability to interpret, manipulate and report data.
● Developed strong problem solving skills throughout their career.
● Advanced use of Excel
● Excellent team leadership and stakeholder management skills.
● Passionate about ensuring continuous improvement and evolution of the business
● Strong interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal).
● Excellent problem solving skills.
● Ability to work effectively with cross functional teams.
● A natural tendency to be well organised, and able to multitask and prioritise effectively.
● Sound judgement and great common sense.
● Close attention to detail.