Since 1959 Alpha Industries has designed and sold high quality, military-inspired outerwear that remains true to its heritage. The authenticity of the brand’s top styles, the MA-1 Flight Jacket and the M-65 Field Coat, was born of purpose as a result of the first contracts awarded by the U.S. Department of Defense over 50 years ago. Even today both styles, among many others, have kept Alpha Industries at the forefront of military fashion offering new fits, silhouettes, colors, and detailing. Available in department stores, specialty shops, and fashion retailers around the globe, Alpha also collaborates with top brands and designers. We operate with a start-up feel but rooted in a strong brand history. For more information, visit www.alphaindustries.com.
Alpha Industries offers a casual, family-friendly work culture that promotes inclusivity and collaboration. You’ll be joining a passionate team that works to drive our brand mission and to ensure Alpha continues to evolve into one of the pioneers in military fashion for the gen z and millennial customer.
Alpha Industries is actively looking for an innovative and passionate Graphic Designer to join our growing team! This role encompasses seasonal concept development to creating sales support tools in support of the company’s goals to increase brand awareness and drive sales. The position will work under the guidance of the Art Director and Senior Director of Marketing to create and assemble images and graphic designs for websites, print media, product design, displays and productions.
We are currently working fully remote and expect once the office re-opens for the position to become a hybrid between remote and in office.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prepare creative assets for monthly social media/digital marketing deliveries
- Explore and present new design ideas, propose and explore new creative concepts for social media/digital marketing platforms in collaboration with the Art Director
- Self-manage time and to work successfully and efficiently on all of Alpha Industries brand communication platforms
- Build and implement engaging brand creative, executing new content as well as using existing content, to uniquely tell the Alpha story
- Assisting with the preparation, production, and/or design of digital and print marketing (website, email, and social) content design
- Assist with e-commerce site maintenance: uploading products, monitoring site creative, and general site improvements
- Support Art Director with photo shoots, including concepting in advance
- Keep abreast of digital customer trends, key competitor digital activity in the fashion, lifestyle sectors
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- BS/BA in Graphic Design or equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform essential functions of the job.
- Experience required working with an apparel, footwear or accessory brand
- 2 years experience minimum
- Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- UI/UX design capabilities
- Premier Prop or Final Cut and After affects – knowledge of – a plus
- Works well in a fast-paced environment with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Detail oriented with strong organizational and communication skills
- Plugged into popular culture and awareness of current fashion trends is essential
- Technically capable and adaptable
- Strong formal design, layout and typography skills
- Understanding of the Alpha brand, refined taste level
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Strong time management skill set, consistently meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize and follow through
- Ability to intuit global design trends
- Communication proficiency: proactive and efficient
Alpha Industries offers competitive pay, employee discounts and outstanding benefits package. Alpha Industries’ corporate headquarters is located in Chantilly, VA, Sales and Marketing located in New York, NY and Distribution Center in Knoxville, TN. Alpha Industries is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. To learn more about a rewarding career with Alpha Industries, please visit our website at www.alphaindustries.com.