Merchandise Planner Analyst
Purpose and Objective
This role will utilize analysis expertise and planning to maximize sales by region, store, product category and style. This person will be responsible for the management of inventory turn, and profitability according to target figures, merchandise planning and Open-To-Buy management. They will provide analytical support to direct report to ensure a balanced and profitable assortment.
The Merchandise Planner will work in conjunction with the Merchandising team to influence and drive business decisions through productive SKU management, Basic Stock Replenishment, and demand forecasting. This position requires a high-level of organization and attention to detail.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Prepare Seasonal Open-To-Buy Plans based upon sales history, projections, and SKU plans to be used in the development of merchandise strategies for the upcoming season and monitor Open-To-Buy budget and communicate changes to Finance.
- Plan sales and forecast appropriate inventory levels by SKU for Basic Stock replenishment program and the allocation strategies for core receipts and inventory against targeted months of supply objectives.
- Compile and analyze Sell in & Sell out sales performance for all distribution channels and work with Merchandising Department to propose strategies to the Design Team for the upcoming seasons.
- Analyze and propose to Merchandise Dept. seasonal re-orders and determine action plan to sustain sales trend and guarantee ideal stock cover (reorders/transfers/buys).
- Partner with Production team to lay out action plans for inventory risks and opportunities identified through seasonal overages and the “Blanks Program”.
- Analyze end of season markdowns and propose markdown strategies based on inventory and sales analysis by locations to ensure cohesive flow from one season to the next.
- Build planning modules (Ex. stock plans, SKU plans, store ranking/attributes & key demographics) that will help the team to plan, manage and analyze business
- Utilize information systems, such as Full Circle, Teamwork, and Le New Black to provide essential business reporting in order to identify and maximize sales and profit opportunities.
- Partner with Merchandising to review weekly business (regional /store / product category level /co vs seasonal) to identify risks and opportunities in business.
- Generate standard weekly/monthly merchandise management reports and fulfill ad hoc information requests as needed
- Contribute to the process of creating the annual budget, seasonal financial plans and forecasts
- Post-buy review to ensure that the orders align with OTB plans.
Knowledge, Skills and Ability Requirements
- Minimum of 3 years of Merchandising Planning / OTB planning experience preferred; analyst function in retail industry is an advantage.
- Demonstrated working knowledge of retail financial measures (Sell-through, Weeks of Supply, Inventory Turn, OTB, etc.)
- Must have knowledge of the luxury & hype market and possess interest in designer fashion
- Must possess excellent teamwork collaboration, interpersonal communication and analytical skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Excel & BI tools to monitor performances and KPIs
- Detail oriented with strong analytical abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Collaborative skills in resolving long and short positions in inventory